Who says that choosing a smartphone has to be complicated? Smartphones have many nifty features and you DON’T need to be a geek or technophile to use one. But how do you know which one to get? What features or design is best? It’s easy to choose once you know what you are looking for.
There are a lot of great phones to consider, so the easiest first step is to visit your local store and get some hands on time trying them out. Take your time and consider items like size, weight, and screen. Make sure it is something that fits your style.
When you’re looking at the phones, here are a few things to consider:
- Does it feel too heavy?
- Can you carry it in your pocket or purse easily?
- Does it feel flimsy or solid?
- Is the screen size too big or too small or just right?
- When you have the phone on, can you read the screen easily?
- Is the phone easy to hold and manipulate?
- Do you need a physical keyboard or does an on-screen one work ok for you?
Once you find a couple of phones that you particularly like from a design perspective, test out some of the most common smartphone features to see how easy the phone is to use. The AT&T sales rep can help you test these features in the store. Here are a few common features you should check out:
- Send an email
- Make a phone call (ear and speakerphone calls)
- Read a website
- Take and edit a picture
- Try the GPS/mapping application
- Use your favorite social media service
- Watch a movie (try a video saved on the phone and a movie from Netflix, for example)
- Play some sort of a game
These may not be all of the activities you plan to do with your new smartphone (or it may be quite the opposite – you might just do a couple of these things). The point here is that you get some hands-on testing and can ask questions along the way.
Smartphones are evolving and getting better each and every day. When choosing a phone, take your time and, most importantly, ask questions! While there are many phones to consider, finding the “best” one ultimately means finding the device that best fits you and your personal style.
Ready to make the upgrade? Shop AT&T now for a new smartphone.