AT&T U-verse Voice Installation Support
Connect Your Primary Phone
To connect your primary or secondary phone directly to your AT&T Wireless Gateway, you'll need to make sure that you have U-verse service such as TV or Internet. You can't have an alarm system that is monitored from your telephone service by an outside security company. If you've met these requirements, you can self-install fast with just a couple of simple steps.
- You have existing U-verse TV or Internet service
- You have located your gateway
- You do not have a monitored home alarm system connected to your phone
- You do not have a wired Medical Alert device
- You do not need to have working phone jacks in your home.
Installing Your U-verse Voice with the Gateway
Locate your installed AT&T Wireless Gateway. Look for the model number located on the front panel. It will read model 3800 or model 3801. Then click on the appropriate gateway model to learn how to install your U-verse Voice Service.