AT&T's Employee Resource Groups include:
- APCA — The Asian Pacific Islanders for Professional and Community Advancement is dedicated to creating alliances that enhance professional and leadership opportunities for its members to benefit both AT&T and the community. Through education and membership development, the organization seeks to increase diversity awareness within the corporation and community, promote organizational growth and influence issues that impact Asian Pacific Americans.
- AT&T Veterans — The organization was founded in 2006 to raise awareness of the sacrifices made by military veterans and to encourage the company to share information on veteran activities. The organization also provides support to employees who are active or retired military personnel and employees whose loved ones are serving their country in the armed forces.
- Community NETwork — The African American Telecommunications Professionals of AT&T dedicate their energy toward encouraging and facilitating personal and professional growth of African-American employees, and assisting organizations in the African-American community. The group provides thousands of dollars in scholarships for minority students every year.
- FACES — The Filipino American Communications Employees of AT&T fosters understanding and appreciation of all cultures and a posture of valuing differences. Each year, FACES provides scholarships for underprivileged children in the Philippines.
- HACEMOS — The Hispanic/Latino Employee Association of AT&T is open to all AT&T employees. Each year, HACEMOS links thousands of students across the country via satellite for High Technology Day, which educates students about technology careers.
- ICAE — The Inter Tribal Council of AT&T Employees brings together employees that have an interest in the Native American culture. The group is committed to the cultural development, career advancement, education, understanding and general well-being of all employees, and more specifically, Native Americans.
- IDEAL — Individuals with Disabilities Enabling Advocacy Link is a group for people interested in the employment and other issues of people with disabilities. The mission of the organization is to enhance the understanding, awareness, and resolution of the challenges facing individuals with disabilities in the workplace and to assist them in career advancement. IDEAL also supports the disability community in gaining access to technology.
- LEAGUE at AT&T — The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Allies Employees of AT&T provides a supportive environment for LGBT employees and allies to network with one another and to develop professionally. In support of AT&T's diversity vision, LEAGUE promotes an accepting, diverse and respectful work environment.
- OASIS – The Organization of Asian Indians at AT&T provides its members with opportunities for self-development, professional enhancement and networking, while supporting the company's business goals.
- Women of AT&T – The organization is established to connect and inspire members to achieve their personal and professional goals and to effect change in the community.
Generations in Action Conference
In 2010 and 2011, AT&T University hosted the Generations in Action Conference to explore trends and impacts on the 21st century multi-generational workforce.
"A diverse workforce and inclusive culture are essential to AT&T. They allow us to attract and retain the best and the brightest to develop the most innovative products and solutions to meet our customers' needs."
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
AT&T Diversity in the News
AT&T and Chef Dan Marquis to Showcase How Technology Can Enhance Summer Cooking
Chicago, Illinois, June 19, 2013
IBEW Ratifies Agreement Covering AT&T Wireline Employees
Dallas, Texas, May 7, 2013
AT&T Ranks Among the Top 50 Diversity Companies Once Again
Dallas, Texas, May 2, 2013