Making phone service even more affordable.
Because phone service is so important in today's world, AT&T believes everyone should have access to it. Lifeline Indiana offers a discounted telephone service plan to make basic phone service even more affordable for qualified customers.
To qualify, a household must participate in one of the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing/Section 8 Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch free lunch program (NSL)
- Total household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. (See application)
If qualified, Lifeline Indiana customers receive the following benefits:
- Monthly discount on basic service over $9.00
- Waiver of deposit for local service**
- Optional toll restriction at no charge**
- Optional blocking of 900 / 976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed*
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use (e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Download the Lifeline Indiana Application (176 KB) in PDF format.
Download the AT&T Lifeline Household Worksheet (47 KB) in PDF format and mail in with your Lifeline Indiana Application, if applicable.
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-888-285-7983 to sign up for Lifeline Indiana today.
Call 1-800-980-4889 for TTY/TDD with voice service.
Weekdays, 7 am to 6 pm, Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm Central Standard Time.
Es importante que usted entienda esta informacion. Si usted no lee el idioma ingles, por favor llame al 1-800-910-1030 para hablar directamente con un representante bilingue, o pida informacion a una de las organizaciones mencionada en este folleto.
* Lifeline Indiana plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
** Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction required.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.