Media Kit: Back to School Technology
Back to School Videos
As in school years past, students rely on wireless technology to help them stay connected, informed and organized. See how AT&T is making the grade this season when it comes to savings and style:
- Device Deals — Students and families hooked on texting, e-mail and social media as a way to stay in touch can do so with the hottest devices from AT&T.
- Back to School Offer from Pantech and AT&T — Save $100 when you purchase both the waterproof Pantech Element™ tablet for $199 (with 2-yr commitment) and the Pantech Burst™ smartphone for $.99 (also with a 2-yr commitment). Offer is good through Sept. 15, 2012.
- HTC One X — Exclusive to AT&T, the HTC One X is now available for $99.99 (with 2-yr commitment), a savings of $100. Among its many great features, the HTC One X is AT&T's first smartphone with Beats by Dr. Dre™ Audio built-in to the hardware and software.
- For a limited time, the Sony Tablet P is available for $99.99 (with a 2 year commitment) — a savings of $100 — when bundled with the Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate ($99.99 with 2 year commitment).
- Samsung BOGO Offer — With a two-year commitment, customers can purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 ($399.999) and get a free Samsung Skyrocket or Samsung Galaxy SII — your choice.
- What's Cool for School Sweepstakes — Each week, from now through September 16th, AT&T is giving away a “must have” back to school device, like the HTC One X, to five lucky winners. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Eligibility requirements apply.
- Plans and Packages — Now that you’ve got a cool new device, here are a few of our newest plans to help you get the most out of your mobile experience:
- AT&T Mobile Share — Keep all of your devices connected with one simple plan. With our new Mobile Share plans, launching August 23rd, you can easily share a single bucket of data across smartphones, tablets and other devices. Plus, every plan includes tethering and unlimited domestic calls and texts for smartphones and basic or quick messaging phones.
- AT&T Data Global Add-Ons — Whether you’re planning to take some classes abroad or embarking on an international excursion with friends during the holidays, AT&T’s new global data packages allow you the flexibility to use your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to stay in touch via email, update your favorite social networks, or simply browse the Internet — without having to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot. Packages start at $30/month for 120MB of data.
- Prepaid Data Packages — GoPhone customers can choose from our new prepaid data packages that offer double the data or more than the previous packages — and at the same price. The packages are available on GoPhone’s fantastic line up of monthly plans.
- AT&T Campus Guide — AT&T Campus Guide is a mobile campus platform consisting of a custom suite of mobile applications including courses, directories, events, news, maps, my profile/student ID, friends, notifications and information. The mobile application, which is designed to connect, inform and engage the entire campus community, is available on multiple device platforms. Check with your school to see if they participate in Campus Guide.
Technology offers parents lots of ways to stay connected and in control.
As parents, your child’s well-being is always top of mind. For those of you with younger kids, no doubt they’ll be surfing the web on their PC or wireless device to get homework help and to do a little social networking with friends. AT&T offers several tips and tools to help you safeguard your family’s technology use. In fact, we recently launched a new Mobile Safety site dedicated to keeping families safe and connected.
AT&T FamilyMapSM provides peace of mind by allowing you to locate family members on a map from your mobile phone or computer at any time. You can even set up alerts to be notified by text or email of your child’s location at specific times of day. It’s a great tool for gaining peace of mind during those after school moments or any time your child is away from home.
For many parents, the start of the school year means the return of carpool duty. If you’re carpooling for several families there’s a lot to consider beyond getting from A to Z. AT&T Navigator® provides turn-by-turn GPS navigation and automatic rerouting if you miss a turn, as well as real-time traffic alerts so you can take an alternate route, if needed. This can definitely come in handy on those mornings when you’re running late. You can also locate and navigate to nearby restaurants, gas stations, Wi-Fi hotspots and more.
We also invite you to consider adding our new AT&T Mobile Share plans to your back to school shopping list. Launching in August 23rd, the plans let you keep all of your family’s devices connected without having to keep track of multiple plans. You can easily share data across smartphones, tablets and other devices, and the plans include tethering and unlimited domestic calls and texts for smartphones and basic or quick messaging phones.
But, we also have new issues that can't be ignored — and our study found that parents have a right to be concerned. Find more information on our study, downloadable resources to share with your family and more information on our safety products at att.com/familysafety.
When school is in session, the entire family gets involved. Parents and kids will work on the occasional school project together or review homework. There are always the quarterly PTA meetings and requests to chaperone a field trip or school dance. And, of course, the entire family often comes together to attend the Friday night football games—even if they sit in separate sections. Regardless of the assignment, back to school can often mean back to family time—in and out of the home.
AT&T U-verse offers several cool options for keeping the entire family engaged and entertained throughout the school year.
Be cool. Record while you're at school.
A change in schedule no longer has to mix up your regularly scheduled TV programs. Experience DVR like never before with the U-verse Total Home DVR. Schedule recordings remotely and record up to four of your favorite shows at one time, and enjoy when you get home.
Root for your favorite team, anywhere you want.
Enjoy the freedom to watch TV virtually anywhere in and around the home with the U-verse Wireless Receiver. The weather's cooling down, so take your U-verse Wireless Receiver outside where you can watch and play your favorite fall sports at the same time.
Don't miss a beat away from home with U-verse Apps for Smartphone or Tablets.
U-verse customers can watch hit TV shows and schedule DVR recordings almost anywhere, on the device of their choice. Access an ever-expanding lineup of On Demand premium and TV shows available on the U-verse app for your smartphone and iPad at no extra charge. Download the U-verse App for iPad to enjoy the U-verse experience on your iPad.
Keep track of your favorite teams with U-verse Yahoo! Sports Tab on your iPad.
Link your iPad to your U-verse TV receiver to access up to the minute sports companion content and scores from various leagues for today’s games, a review of yesterday’s games, and see who is playing tomorrow. More sports features will be added soon.
“U-verse TV: Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse services. Call or go to www.att.com/u-verse to see if you qualify. Total Home DVR functionality is available on up to 8 TVs, and requires a receiver for each additional TV at $7/mo. Wireless Receiver: A one-time fee of $49, and monthly recurring fee of $7, per wireless receiver applies; power outlet and connection of receiver to TV required; Limit 2 per household; Go to att.com/freedom for details; Technical restrictions apply; may not be available to all customers. U-verse App for Smartphone/Tablet: Access to select content requires compatible device, qualifying U-verse TV plan and WiFi connection and/or cellular data connection; Available content may vary by device and/or U-verse TV plan and is subject to change; Data charges may apply.”
TEXTING WHILE DRIVING – IT CAN WAIT
Whether you're carpooling or driving back to school this fall, please remember to keep your eyes on the road and off your phone. Commit to the cause with us. Take our pledge to not text while driving and share it with your friends.
SHOP AND LEARN MORE
AT&T Wi-Fi: View our list of hotspot locations and Wi-Fi plans.
Accessing AT&T Wi-Fi: Learn more about how to get started with Wi-Fi on your device.
Wi-Fi Enabled Devices: Check out some of the Wi-Fi enabled phones that AT&T offers.
Facebook: Get more information and tips about AT&T Wi-Fi on our Facebook page.
AT&T Wi-Fi Support: Get answers and help with frequently-asked Wi-Fi questions.
AT&T U-verse: Get the best digital, HDTV experience.
AT&T Wireless: All the hottest devices at the best prices.
AT&T Teams with Make-A-Wish to Help Grant Holiday Wishes for Children with Life-Threatening Medical Conditions
Dallas, Texas, November 21, 2012
New U-verse TV Customers Get More Value with 24 Month Bundle Offers and Free Wireless Receiver
Dallas, Texas, August 10, 2012
AT&T Gives Customers More Choice with New Shared Wireless Data Plans
Dallas, Texas, July 18, 2012