AT&T* today announced three new advanced mobility services to help government organizations and companies of all sizes run their operations and serve customers globally using both traditional and emerging devices. AT&T’s Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions Group is working across 14 industries to help enable business model transformation through mobile applications, machine-to-machine solutions and mobile services.
- Smart Grid Agreement with Petra Solar: a clean tech pioneer that combines solar generation and smart grid technology in a single system. AT&T will offer Petra Solar’s innovative technology, which allows utility companies to simultaneously address Renewable Portfolio Standard requirements and invest in a smart grid technology.
In addition, AT&T recently achieved a significant milestone – today, AT&T enables two-way communication with over 7.5 million electric meters over AT&T’s wireless network.
- AT&T Global Smart Messaging Suite to deliver a “best-in-breed” messaging application to companies and government organizations who want to use SMS technology to more efficiently communicate globally with mobile subscribers, be they employees, partners or customers.
- AT&T Encrypted Mobile Voice will be the first mobile-to-mobile voice encryption solution using two-factor authentication to be offered by a U.S. carrier. The new service will provide high-level security for calls on the AT&T wireless network and is expected to be available later this quarter. It is targeted at government agencies, law enforcement organizations financial services institutions and international businesses.
In addition, AT&T has been ranked the leading provider of enterprise mobility services in the U.S. by Current Analysis. The advisory report ‘U.S. Carrier Enterprise Mobility: Competitive Landscape and Best Practices’ highlighted AT&T’s combination of leading elements, including a solid set of core and value-added services, coupled with innovation around machine-to machine (M2M) solutions, smartphones and embedded devices, and enterprise applications.
AT&T provides thousands of business customers with mobile applications across 14 industries and has hundreds of customers using M2M applications.
For example, The University of South Florida is working with Pyxis Mobile and AT&T to provide a Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform on which the University of South Florida can develop and launch mobile applications specific to the many colleges, departments and research programs. An example of such a mobile application is UpperClass from AT&T, which delivers student, faculty and staff information to various smartphones.
Another customer example is the work AT&T is doing today with Interstate Batteries, the number one replacement brand battery in North America.
“Our long-term alliance with AT&T has prepared us for the highly anticipated rollout of the ED-18 Early Detection Battery & Electrical System Analyzer version 3,” said Interstate Batteries Chief Information Officer Merv Tarde. “This has been a strategic process, and thanks to AT&T’s networking capabilities, data will now be transmitted from coast-to-coast through their custom APN Network to our centralized database.”
AT&T is also working with Hy-Vee, an employee-owned corporation operating 230 retail stores in eight Midwestern states.
“Hy-Vee has the ability to tell customers about hot deals and promotions by sending messages directly to their wireless phones,” said Heather Mitchell, Hy-Vee Marketing Specialist. “Working with AT&T in the mobile marketing space, Hy-Vee is becoming a grocery leader in mobile-marketing communication tools, which gives us an opportunity to better serve our customers.”
AT&T also recently announced:
- AprivaPay from AT&T: Earlier this month, AT&T joined forces with Apriva, a leader in the wireless payment industry, to deliver new mobile payment applications for small businesses that can enhance productivity and cash flow. AprivaPay™ and AprivaPay Professional turn smartphones into point-of-sale devices that accept credit and debit card transactions. AT&T is the first wireless carrier to provide mobile point-of-sale solutions from Apriva.
- Smart grid agreement with CURRENT Group: Last month, AT&T announced a new agreement with CURRENT Group, a leading provider of distribution smart grid solutions. AT&T now offers CURRENT Smart Grid ®Distribution Solutions, which help utilities increase grid efficiency and system capacity by managing demand dynamically and reducing power delivery losses.
“We’re helping organizations of all sizes mobilize their business, which is driving a huge shift in the way business is conducted and how work gets done,” said Michael Antieri, President, Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “Our team is focused on creating new applications in a network and cloud-based environment that easily allows businesses to deploy these services on any desired device.”
AT&T’s Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions group is collaborating with AT&T’s product teams across hosting, application management and unified communications to help mobilize applications for business customers, developers and independent software providers. The group complements AT&T’s Emerging Devices Organization which focuses on wirelessly enabling devices for consumers.
AT&T Business Solutions serves every Fortune 1000 company and has operations across 6 continents worldwide. ABS serves customers ranging from the largest and multinational companies to small businesses operating in multiple cities across the United States.