AT&T* today announced the lineup of judges for the 2010 AT&T Big Mobile on Campus ChallengeSM, a national higher education contest that invites college students to design the next generation of e-learning mobile applications that demonstrate usability, quality, innovation, utility, and marketability.
This year’s judges were selected for their extensive experience in mobility and education. The judges for the 2010 Challenge are:
- David Binko – Binko is a Principal and Group Leader for the Harvard Group, a consulting organization focused on the facilitation of external advisory groups and experiential learning programs for prominent high technology enterprises.
- Y. Joy Ding – Ding is a Co-Founder of LampPost Mobile and Grand Prize team winner of the 2009 AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge. LampPost Mobile is dedicated to solutions for higher education. She recently graduated in 2010 from Harvard University.
- Chris Hill – Hill is Vice President, Mobility Product Management, AT&T Business Solutions (ABS). His organization manages the mobility product development, including machine to machine (M2M), fixed mobile convergence offers (FMC), small business solutions, and international managed services.
- Elizabeth Carlton Hill – Carlton Hill is Vice President of Device Operations and Product Development at AT&T, overseeing all business and marketing aspects of mobile device certification, service integration and quality management.
- Igor Glubochansky – Glubochansky is Executive Director of Industry Solutions, Mobility Product Management, AT&T Business Solutions, responsible for enterprise mobility applications product management and marketing for commercial verticals.
- Abhi Ingle – Ingle is Vice President, Mobility Application Sales, AT&T Operations, Inc. The AT&T Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions unit is designed to focus on the rapidly expanding opportunity to propel growth and participation in the mobility solutions marketplace.
- Klara Jelinkova – Jelinkova was recently hired as the Chief Information Technology Officer for the University of Chicago. Prior to joining the University of Chicago, she served as the Assistant VP of Shared Services and infrastructure at Duke University. She is a member of the Steering Committee of the Educause Campus Cyber infrastructure working group.
- Howard Wright – Wright is Vice President, Global Business Development at Qualcomm Incorporated, responsible for fostering relationship and constructing deals between Qualcomm and its partners across wireless, automotive, and retail industries.
- Winston Yan – Yan is a Co-Founder of LampPost Mobile and Grand Prize team winner of the 2009 AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge. He recently graduated from Harvard University, Class of 2010.
- Chris Ziegler – Ziegler is the Mobile Editor for respected gadget and consumer technology website, Engadget. Outside Engadget, he has authored books and written for print publications.
“Now in its third year, the AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge is established as a key proving ground for mobile educational applications,” said Michael Antieri, President, Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “The caliber of entries in previous years has been extremely high, and we are truly honored to have such an exceptional panel of judges assembled for this year’s competition.”
This year’s contest opened on March 1, 2010, and entries will be accepted until September 15, 2010. AT&T will choose five finalists and then select three overall winners. The top five finalists’ schools will receive complimentary memberships to AT&T’s Developer Program.
The Grand Prize Winner(s) of the contest will be presented with a $10,000 scholarship either as an individual or team, receive a mobile device of choice per entrant and be invited to participate on the 2011 AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge Judging Committee. Additionally, the two runners-up will receive a $5,000 scholarship, given to the individual or divided among the team members, as well as a mobile device of choice for each entrant.
No purchase necessary. Contest rules, application forms, and further details on the 2010 AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge can be found at http://bigmobileoncampus.wireless.att.com.