AT&T U-verse®TV outperforms competitors in customer satisfaction among consumers in the North Central, South and West regions, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySMreleased today. Since its premiere on the J.D. Power and Associates rankings in 2008, this is the second time that U-verse TV has received the highest results in all three regions where it was ranked and the third year in a row that AT&T U-verse topped the South and West regions.
Customers ranked AT&T* highest in overall satisfaction in a study that evaluates performance and reliability, customer service, cost of service, billing, and offerings and promotions. The annual study measured customer satisfaction with residential TV providers, including Internet Protocol (IP) TV, cable and satellite services. In all, 28,489 video customers in the U.S. participated in the study.
AT&T U-verse outscored all competitors in the South (13 providers), West (10), and North Central (12) regions, and scored significantly higher than the industry average in each of the three regions. AT&T U-verse was not included in the East region study.
“We're seeing it in our subscriber additions and we're hearing it directly from customers: AT&T U-verse is a better entertainment experience,” said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “Our focus on innovation, integrated services, and our all-IP network is what allows us to deliver high customer satisfaction. U-verse customers have come to expect that they can turn on their TV and see something new and better added to their service. We're going to keep bringing more value and innovation to U-verse TV customers, just like we've done for the past four years.”
Customers gave AT&T U-verse particularly high marks in the offerings and promotions category, which looks at variety of services, programming, member incentives and communications. AT&T continues to utilize its advanced IP platform to introduce new services, apps and content that work together effortlessly, across devices, for a better experience, including:
- U-verse Mobile, which lets you manage recordings and download and watch hit TV shows on your qualifying smartphone.
- My Multiview, an exclusive app that lets you choose and watch up to four of your favorite channels at one time.
- Account Manager, a new app that lets you instantly upgrade your U-verse TV package on-screen at any time.
- U-verse YP.COM TV , an app the lets you locate and place a call to a business from your U-verse TV screen through any wireless, U-verse Voice or home phone number.
- Interactive sports applications, including the first Spanish-language TV app from U-verse TV.
- Caller ID on TV, an app that lets U-verse Voice customers view incoming calls and voicemail message indicators on their TV screen.
- U-verse Online, the expanded AT&T Entertainment website that lets you watch streaming TV shows, movies and video clips on your PC.
- Quad-play bundle offers which gives you even more savings for bundling U-verse TV, High Speed Internet, U-verse Voice and wireless services — a bundle option not available from most cable providers.
- 3D Technology Package, which includes ESPN 3D and several 3D On Demand titles.
- Enhancements to U-verse TV HD capabilities so eligible customers can now watch up to four live HD shows simultaneously and record up to three HD shows and one SD show simultaneously – a capability not offered by other TV providers.
The unique U-verse features and ongoing enhancements help to drive U-verse TV customer satisfaction — and subscriber growth. AT&T is the fastest growing TV provider, adding more TV subscribers in the first half of 2010 than any major TV provider reported. AT&T had 209,000 customers additions in the second quarter, totaling 2.5 million U-verse TV customers across 22 states. AT&T's advanced fiber network passed 25 million living units, and AT&T reported the first ever billion-dollar revenue quarter for AT&T U-verse services during the second quarter of 2010.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in your area — visit www.att.com/u-verse. Customers can get more information about U-verse TV programming and television events by visiting att.net/uverseonline.. Customers can get more information about U-verse TV programming and television events by visiting att.net/uverseonline.