Media Kit: AT&T and Smart Grid
Smart Grid Videos
- Full Story
- In the News
AT&T is helping modernize the nation's electric grid working with multiple vendors in the smart grid industry. While smart metering was the original focus at the beginning of the development of smart grid, utilities are now moving beyond the meter and focusing on a whole new set of smart grid applications that will help transform the electric energy industry.
Smart grids combine smart meters, sensors and monitors with wireless technology and software so customers and utilities can closely monitor energy use and reduce consumption when the availability of electricity is stretched to its limit and proactively make repairs before an outage takes place. This smart grid model ultimately helps consumers understand the economics of their consumption patterns so they can make intelligent decisions about their power consumption.
The smart grid technology available today from AT&T will also help to enhance reliability and energy efficiency, lower power-line losses and provide utilities with the ability to remotely automate service, improving reliability and providing cost-savings for consumers. In fact, the AT&T wireless network is enabling the reading of millions of electric smart meters.
In the News
- SmartGridNews, 5.28.13, AT&T takes integration lead for co-op smart metering project
- greentechgrid, 5.24.13, AT&T Launches the Cellular Smart Grid as a Service
- FierceSmartGrid, 06.06.12, TX grid could get immediate relief with DLO service
- Electric Light & Power, 06.04.12, AT&T, Acclaim Energy to improve power grid reliability
- Renew Grid, 06.04.12, AT&T, Acclaim Energy Partner to Offer Demand-Response Service
- Connected World, 09.26.11, AT&T Allows Utilities to Prepay 10 Years Ahead
- SmartMeters, 09.22.11, SmartSynch and AT&T Extend Collaboration
- The Smart Grid Observer, 09.22.11, AT&T Offers Smart Meters with Pre-Paid Data Plans Directly to Utilities
- Fierce Broadband Wireless, 08.22.11, AT&T moves deeper into smart-grid market with applications partnership
- Greentelecom Live, 08.21.11, AT&T teams up with Digi for smart grid applications
- Renew Grid, 08.18.11, AT&T, Digi Form Partnership to Target Utility Smart Grid Market
- GigaOM, 08.17.11, AT&T links with smart grid player Digi
- TMCnet, 08.17.11, AT&T and Digi Partner to Empower Consumers with Smart Grid Solutions
- Pipeline Magazine, 07.01.11, Carriers Embrace the Smart Grid Revolution
- Computerwoche, 04.10.11, Ed Davalos AT&T: Smart Grids brauchen intelligente TK-Netze