AT&T* today announced the upcoming South by Southwest Workshop, Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone. The workshop will take place Tuesday, March 15 at 11:00 a.m. CST in the Capitol A-D room at the Sheraton. Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone will bring together some of the industry's leading experts on both mobile devices and applications to offer practical advice on bringing wireless connectivity to a host of new devices.
AT&T is the industry leader in emerging devices, with nearly 11 million connected devices – including tablet computers, eReaders, and digital photoframes - now on the AT&T network. The company also has an industry leading developer's program, offering SDKs and tools for Android, Brew MP, HTML5 and Java platforms.
Beginning Tuesday, March 15 at 11:00 a.m., the workshop will be divided into three sections.
- Stephanie Ellenberg, associate vice president, Product Development, AT&T, will discuss the disruption of the traditional wireless device model and how new devices are becoming grass-roots initiatives. Peter Semmelhack, CEO and founder, Bug Labs, will demonstrate the Bug Labs platform.
- Ed Schmit, director, Product Development, AT&T, and Daren Tsui, CEO and co-founder, mSpot, will touch on the integration of HTML5 and media.
- Panel hosted by Avi Greengart, research director, Consumer Devices, Current Analysis, to feature:
- Carlton Hill, vice president, Device Operations, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets
- Cameron Coursey, associate vice president, Product Development, AT&T Emerging Devices Organization
- Peter Semmelhack, CEO and founder, Bug Labs
- Daren Tsui, CEO and co-founder, mSpot
- Sean Rosenberg, managing director, Grapple Mobile
- Members of the band Atomic Tom
For more information on Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone, visit http://schedule.sxsw.com/events/event_IAP8188.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.