AT&T's Senior Hispanic Executives Receive Broad Industry and Community Recognition
Dallas, Texas, May 11, 2011
AT&T’s* most senior Hispanic executives have received broad recognition by prestigious U.S. organizations this year for their professional contributions to the company as well as the industry and the community.
- Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets, received the Hispanic Federation’s 2011 Orgullo Award; Northern Illinois University’s College of Business Distinguished Alumnus Award; the Beta Gamma Sigma Business Excellence Award in the category of Business Achievement; and the American Association of Community Colleges’ 2011 Outstanding Alumni Award.
- Thaddeus Arroyo, chief information officer, has been named to Hispanic Engineer and Information Technology’s 2011 Most Influential in Technology list. Arroyo directs the company’s information technology organization and infrastructure, including Internet and Intranet capabilities, application development for customer and corporate use, and AT&T’s enterprise data centers.
- Carmen Nava, senior vice president, Consumer, has been listed in Hispanic Business magazine was as a finalist for the Hispanic Business Woman of the Year award and was profiled in the April 2011 issue. Nava previously led an inter-departmental team to improve processes and the customer experience for AT&T U-verse® services, and was recently appointed senior vice president of Consumer Small Markets.
- Angie Wiskocil, senior vice president, AT&T Wi-Fi Services, has been named to Hispanic Engineer and Information Technology’s 2011 Most Influential in Technology list. Wiskocil leads the strategic growth of the AT&T Wi-Fi division, which operates the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network with more than 24,000 U.S. hotspots.
- Alicia Abella PhD, executive director, AT&T Labs, gave the commencement address at the University of Minnesota’s College of Science and Engineering on May 6, 2011. Dr. Abella leads a research team whose efforts result in the development of new consumer and enterprise services. She is also a leader in the effort to bring women and minority students to science, technology, engineering and math fields.
“The recognition bestowed on these executives is indicative of both the caliber of Hispanics working at AT&T as well as AT&T’s longstanding reputation as a company where individuals can achieve their highest potential regardless of their origin, beliefs or background,” said Cindy Brinkley, AT&T’s senior vice president for talent development and chief diversity officer. “We are proud of these executives’ achievements and we’re honored to have them in the senior leadership ranks at AT&T.”
The 50-state AT&T workforce is 12 percent Hispanic compared to the 10 percent of Hispanics in the U.S. labor who have a high-school degree, according to the 2010 U.S. Department of Labor data.
To explore career opportunities at AT&T visit http://www.att.jobs/.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**Largest based on company branded and operated hotspots. Access includes AT&T Wi-Fi Basic. A Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.