Because many small businesses have limited technical resources, identifying and selecting the best wireless and wired communications technologies for their operations can be a daunting task.
The good news for small businesses is that the task just got easier, thanks to the new “AT&T Recommendation Tool,” an online portal available at www.att.com/smallbusiness. The tool presents small businesses with a series of business-specific questions that are easily answered and quickly recommends the most relevant AT&T wireless and wired solutions, which can help them reduce costs, enhance productivity and, ultimately, get the most out of their communications technology budget.
The online tool has a simple user-friendly interface for non-techies and offers recommendations and purchasing capabilities for both wireless and wired solutions with a few clicks of a mouse. Those solutions include wireless voice and data services, wired local and long distance voice, high speed Internet, data backup, 24/7 tech support and website hosting or bundles featuring any or all of these services.
According to a 2010 study conducted by industry research firm Compass Intelligence, before making final purchase decisions for IT or telecom services, nearly half (46 percent) of small businesses indicate that they go to a preferred provider’s website to see what they offer. A simple, compelling online resource, such as the AT&T Recommendation Tool, helps meet the needs of small businesses.
Recommendation Tool Key Facts/Features
- Uses customer answers to questions about their business to determine their wireline and wireless communications needs
- Recommends appropriate AT&T products and services based upon the customers communication needs
- “Hands off” the recommended packages for purchase and pre-populates the shopping cart with those products and services
- Allows customers to quickly order pre-defined packages – such as “All for Less” – or build their own customized solutions
- Uses a single page shopping cart for ordering voice, broadband, and wireless services
- Dynamically determines and displays applicable savings based on the selected products and services
- Allows customers to add on services, including tech support, data backup and website hosting and design
View an AT&T Recommendation Tool Video.
“Online tools have become one of the most important ways to reach and influence decision-makers in the Small Businesses market,” said Kneko Burney, President of Compass Intelligence. “This is because such tools can accommodate any schedule and help save the most precious resource for any small business ... time.”
“Small businesses are continually looking for new ways to be more productive and get the most out of their technology investments,” said Robert Sloan, AT&T Vice President of eSales & Service. “Our hope is that by providing a recommendation tool, we can take the guesswork out of selecting the best wireless and wired communications for a business’ specific needs, and allow them to focus more on running their own business and improving their everyday operations.”
Small businesses wanting information about all AT&T products and services can visit AT&T Small Business. For free business resources such as webinars, white papers, training, case studies and best practices, they can visit AT&T Small Business InSite.
Additionally, real-time information and updates can be found on the AT&T Small Business Facebook page and AT&T Small Business Twitter channel.