The wait is over. After an eight year hiatus – blink-182 is back and ready to get up close and personal, giving fans a chance to:
- Travel alongside the band for several tour stops
- Participate in a live chat with band members
- Win prizes such as VIP concert tickets and merchandise
- Receive daily updates from the tour via a fan-penned blog
- And more…
AT&T* has teamed up with blink-182 as the band’s new single “Up All Night” hits the charts –leading up to the official release of their album, “Neighborhoods,” available September 27. Using the dedicated blink-182 tab on AT&T's Facebook page, fans can access special content from the band’s 2011 Honda Civic Tour, throughout which blink-182 will be using the HTC Status™ to post daily updates.
“We are looking forward to returning to the stage and bringing some amazing new music to our loyal fanbase,” said blink-182. “Since our last tour and album in 2003, social media has become such a critical part of day-to-day life – from checking in on our families from the road – to connecting with friends and fans in a highly interactive way. With AT&T’s support, via the HTC Status™ and Facebook programs, this tour is really going to deliver the most in-depth experience for our fans.”
Details around unique opportunities to engage include:
HTC Status, Best Buy and blink-182
- On the Road with blink-182 – A national search to identify a young, creative multimedia storyteller to join a production team and go on the road with blink-182. The winner will document the inner-workings of the tour, interviewing the band along the way and recording a performance – all while getting paid. To learn more and apply, visit the blink-182 tab. AT&T and Wayfinder.TV, a youth documentary production program founded by Dragonfruit Studios, are providing this opportunity.
- The “blink-182 Film Festival You Didn’t Know You Entered” – Fans who have made a YouTube video set to blink-182 music may soon find themselves in the band’s newest video for “Up All Night.” After an online search of over 14,000 videos of user-generated content, several were selected to create the ultimate mashup compilation. Using these fan videos, Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus are also hosting an online ‘awards show’ recognizing their favorites with comical superlatives such as, “Video with the Best Use of Dad’s Bank Account.” The mashup video and awards footage will be released this week.
- blink-182 and U-verse – Coming this fall, AT&T U-verse® will create a multi-screen experience for fans giving them access to videos and performance highlights from the 2011 Honda Civic Tour.
Best Buy shoppers who purchase a HTC Status™ will receive a custom blink-182 mobile application, preloaded with the band’s new single, two exclusive live tracks, a photo gallery and additional footage. The mobile application will update to include the full-length album, “Neighborhoods,” this fall.
The HTC Status™ is available in AT&T stores and online at att.com for $49.99 after a two-year contract. (Minimum $15 data plan required.) Also available in Best Buy stores as well as Best Buy Mobile standalone stores and BestBuy.com. Best Buy features an exclusive white and mauve edition of the phone. (Minimum $15 data plan required).
For more information on AT&T, please visit http://www.att.com/. For more information on blink-182, please visit www.blink182.com or www.hondacivictour.com.
Important Information: Limited-time offer. Mobile broadband coverage and other coverage not available in all areas. See coverage map at store for details. Two year agreement with qualifying voice plan and a minimum $15 a month smartphone data plan required. Subscriber must live and have a mailing address within AT&T's owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activation fee applies. Equipment price and availability may vary by market and may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to returns; thereafter up to $325. Some agents impose additional fees. Other conditions and restrictions apply. See contract for details. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.att.com/uverse to see if you qualify.