- AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S™ II, the nation’s thinnest 4G smartphone at 8.89mm at its thinnest, will be sold in AT&T* company-owned retail stores and online in the coming weeks.
- This new smartphone features the Android Gingerbread (2.3.4) platform, a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED™ Plus display, dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, Motion UX sensors and 8 MP camera.
- HDMI-output at 1080p resolution lets customers rent or purchase movies and TV shows from the Samsung Media Hub and view on a television.
The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II is designed to give customers a powerful, premium Android smartphone experience in a pocket-friendly design that is the thinnest of all Galaxy S II smartphones and the thinnest 4G smartphone on the market. A powerful dual-core 1.2 GHz processor offers customers smooth gaming and accelerates multitasking between browsing, sending email or watching video.
With an incredibly colorful 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus display, the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II delivers 50 percent more sub-pixels than the previous generation display for better contrast. The display also offers unmatched outdoor viewing quality, even in the brightest sunlight. This newest smartphone also captures sharp photos with the 8MP camera with flash and records videos in stunning high profile 1080p HD quality. An additional 2MP front-facing camera gives you the power to connect with your friends and family face-to-face via video chat with preloaded Qik™ Lite over Wi-Fi.
The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II enables customers to output 1080p video to a HDTV using the an HDTV smart adapter (sold separately). The device also features next generation Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth technology, Voice Talk from Vlingo™ that enables voice-powered social updates, messaging, email, search and voice dialing, Motion UX sensors to mute incoming calls by simply turning the device over and business-friendly features such as Virtual Private Network (VPN) support, Quickoffice® and Exchange ActiveSync®.
The Galaxy S II features Samsung’s TouchWiz® user interface, providing superior multi-tasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience. Live Panel features provide immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news and photos, which can all be customized on any one of the seven home screens. All of the Samsung widgets can be positioned and re-sized to create unique home screens and one-touch access to the services and apps each individual uses the most. The Notifications Panel allows one touch access to a separate menu for managing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Flight Mode settings.
Samsung Media Hub puts thousands of hit movies and next-day TV shows at your fingertips, ready to rent or buy and watch instantly with progressive downloads. Kies Air allows your PC to wirelessly sync with your Galaxy S II when they are on the same Wi-Fi network. This allows you to view call logs, videos, photos, bookmarks and IMs, plus send messages from your PC. With Samsung Social Hub, synchronize and better organize all of your online contacts by streamlining your email, SMS, IM and SNS information into one unified box.
“The nation’s thinnest 4G smartphone is designed in every way to give AT&T customers a superb mobile entertainment experience,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “With a vibrant screen, high-definition possibilities and faster processing speeds, Samsung Galaxy S II is the latest addition to the industry’s leading smartphone portfolio.”
“The Galaxy S II, powered by a dual core application processor, paired with AT&T’s advanced 4G network, gives users fast download speeds along with a premium multi-tasking experience,” said Dale Sohn, president of Samsung Mobile. “We are proud to bring our fastest selling smartphone in the world to AT&T customers, packaging it in the nation’s thinnest 4G smartphone.”
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Specifications
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)