With more and more smartphone users accessing the Internet to research and purchase product and services, it’s becoming increasingly vital for small businesses to develop a strong mobile web presence. Thanks to a new small business solution announced today by AT&T*, creating and maintaining a mobile website just got easier.
- AT&T is now selling AT&T Mobile Website Hosting, a new solution targeted at small businesses.
- The solution, allows small businesses to create their own web-site using AT&T’s easy-to-use Do-It-Yourself tool and auto-create a mobile version that is compatible and clearly viewed with smartphones
- The cloud-based service also includes traditional AT&T Website Hosting and email services.
- According to Nielsen, 38 percent of U.S. cell phone owners access the internet from their mobile device. The market research firm predicts that mobile website traffic will increase 40-fold over the next 5 years.
- For small businesses, having a mobile website can be crucial to their success. In fact, Nielsen reports that businesses saw a 13 percent increase in Internet traffic when they added a mobile website.
- View a brief video of the service.
- AT&T Mobile Website Hosting Features
- Easy, one-click website creation, with no technical expertise required
- Automatic sync and updates to mobile site when changes occur on main website, saving time by avoiding maintaining two websites
- Multiple design templates, enabling each mobile website to have its own unique look and feel
- Click-to-call, making it easy for customers to contact small businesses
- Maps and directions, helping increase in-store traffic
- Mobile website analytics, enabling insights into customer search and buying patterns
- Compatibility with all major smartphone platforms, maximizing exposure to mobile users
Plans vary in price, starting as low as $12 per month. Interested small and midsize businesses can get more information or order the service by visiting www.webhosting.att.com or by calling toll-free 1-888-WEBHOST (1-888-932-4678), and selecting “Option 1.” Businesses also can contact their designated AT&T account manager to get more information.
“Having a website is crucial for small businesses, which need to be accessible to their customers anytime and anywhere,” said Ebrahim Keshavarz, AT&T Vice President of Small Business Product Management. “With Mobile Website Hosting, we’re giving small businesses an easy and affordable way to literally convert their websites into mobile sites,
“Especially in today’s economy, small businesses are using every tool at their disposal to stay connected to their customers and keep the cash register ringing – and we’re committed to helping them do this with solutions like Mobile Website Hosting.”
For information about AT&T’s upcoming mobile marketing webinar, which will discuss the importance of understanding and utilizing mobile marketing (via mobile websites and more) see recent news release.
Small businesses that don’t have a website or are looking to upgrade their existing site can also turn to AT&T to learn how AT&T Web Hosting Services can help by visiting webhosting.att.com. Along with detailed pricing information, a variety of plans, services and marketing tips can be combined to create a unique web solution for any business.
Small businesses wanting information about all AT&T products and services can visit AT&T Small Business. For free business resources such as webinars, white papers, training, case studies and best practices, they can visit AT&T Small Business InSite.
Additionally, real-time information and updates can be found on the AT&T Small Business Facebook page and AT&T Small Business Twitter channel.