Carl Zeiss Group is adopting AT&T Telepresence Solution® to improve global collaboration between employees, suppliers and subsidiaries around the world, across three continents.
- Carl Zeiss is a global leader in the optical and optoelectronics industry with around 24,000 employees and sales companies in more than 30 countries
- Carl Zeiss will connect sites in Germany (Jena and Oberkochen), China and the United States using AT&T Telepresence Solution
- Carl Zeiss’ aim is to reduce costs while increasing productivity and providing enhanced customer contact
- This announcement is in addition to a five-year comprehensive communications contract valued at $20 million, between Carl Zeiss and AT&T announced last year
The top German company operates globally and is best known for making high quality optical products – everything from camera lenses to binoculars, eyeglasses and lenses to microscopes.
The technology will support Carl Zeiss’ global growth by helping the company improve productivity with faster and better collaboration from locations across the world – giving employees access to face-to-face communications in real time, even though they may be thousands of kilometres apart.
It will also help the company to reduce costs and minimize its worldwide environmental impact by reducing the need for travel. Executives can gather for important business meetings via telepresence and still have that important one-to-one personal experience, but without the hassle of long-haul air travel; the expense of hotels, taxis and other travel costs; being away from other colleagues; and being separated from friends and family. AT&T Telepresence Solution brings people together in a virtual environment through ‘immersive’ video technology.
Note to editors
AT&T Telepresence Solution is a video conferencing service that may be used to make inter- and intra-company point-to-point and multipoint telepresence conference calls. AT&T Telepresence Solution may also be used to make inter-provider telepresence exchange-to-telepresence exchange calls with designated telepresence exchanges operated by other telepresence providers. AT&T Telepresence Solution offers a variety of options, including management, monitoring, helpdesk, interoperability, support for different transport options and video endpoint types including endpoints from Cisco, Polycom and Lifesize.
- Includes the installation and management of telepresence endpoint equipment on-site, maintenance, management of the application, remote helpdesk and works with AT&T VPN services.
- Offers Carl Zeiss an easy-to-use and flexible extensible solution
- Enables the reliable and cost-efficient operation of collaboration with employees, customers, suppliers and partners worldwide and improvement of business processes
- Is an immersive video conferencing service, enabling customers to easily hold personal meetings, and can be deployed at telepresence endpoints in 75 countries and territories worldwide
- In addition, Carl Zeiss will use the AT&T Business Exchange to connect with suppliers and subsidiaries around the world. The AT&T Business Exchange is a unique network-based, inter- and intra-company collaboration feature which allows connection to more than 2,400 telepresence endpoints around the world