TV Viewers Give Highest Marks Once Again To AT&T U-verse TV In J.D. Power And Associates Study
AT&T U-verse TV Ranks Highest in Three Regions Nationwide
Dallas, Texas, October 13, 2011
Consumers say AT&T U-verse® TV outperforms all competitors in customer satisfaction in the North Central, South and West regions, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM released today. Since its premiere on the J.D. Power and Associates rankings in 2008, this is the third time that U-verse TV has received the highest results in all three regions where it was ranked and the fourth year in a row that AT&T U-verse topped the South and West regions.
Customers ranked AT&T* highest in overall satisfaction in a study that evaluates performance and reliability, customer service, cost of service, billing, programming and offerings and promotions. The annual study measured customer satisfaction with residential TV providers, including Internet Protocol (IP) TV, cable and satellite services. In all, 23,880 video customers in the U.S. participated in the study.
AT&T U-verse outscored all competitors in the South (11 providers), West (9), and North Central (9) regions, and scored significantly higher than the industry average in each of the three regions. AT&T U-verse was not included in the East region study.
“From ordering to installation to continuous upgrades, we work hard to provide the best experience for U-verse customers at every single moment,” said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “AT&T U-verse provides a great entertainment experience and has features you can’t get anywhere else, which is why it’s the most sought after TV service in the country. And the best part is, we’re never done. We have more enhancements in store for customers this year and beyond.”
Customers gave AT&T U-verse particularly high marks in the programming and offerings and promotions categories, which looks at variety of programming choices, services, member incentives and communications.
AT&T U-verse regularly rolls out service enhancements to customers, including new features, apps and services that deliver a better TV experience, including:
- Multi-screen TV, with TV shows available across screens and devices with U-verse Mobile, U-verse Online and U-verse TV on Xbox 360.
- Interactive TV apps that enhance the way you watch and give you more personalization and control over your shows.
- More HD channels than anyone.**
- Advanced U-verse Total Home DVR features which give U-verse customers the ability to pause and rewind live TV on any U-verse receiver in the home.
The unique features and compelling capabilities of U-verse are helping drive U-verse TV customer satisfaction — and subscriber growth.
- AT&T is the fastest growing TV provider***, adding more TV subscribers in 2011 than any of the major TV providers reported.
- AT&T’s advanced fiber network passes 29 million living units.
- AT&T U-verse services are now approximately an annualized $6.5 billion revenue stream as of the second quarter of 2011.
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider. For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit www.att.com/u-verse.