Baylor Health Care System Deploys AT&T Healthcare Community Online
Solution Enables Caregivers to Share Information and Applications in a Highly-Secure Environment
Dallas, Texas, October 26, 2011
Baylor Health Care System was the first hospital to establish a blood bank and one of the first to implant a pacemaker and perform a combined heart and kidney transplant. Now, the trendsetting organization is adding another coup to its list — as one of the first hospitals in Texas to create an enterprise health information exchange (HIE) to improve access to patient information across the community of care.
Baylor is deploying AT&T* Healthcare Community Online to help more than 4,000 physicians on the medical staffs at Baylor facilities to exchange patient information and share applications in a highly- secure manner.
“When patients go to different Baylor locations, they expect us to know them and recognize their information. Physicians need the right information at the right time not only in their offices and facilities, but also from home or in the car,” said David Muntz, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Baylor Health Care System.
In fiscal year 2010, Baylor recorded more than 2.6 million patient encounters. Baylor’s network has more than 250 access points including 26 hospitals, 23 joint ventured ambulatory surgical centers, 50 satellite outpatient locations, four senior centers and 156 HealthTexas Provider Network physician clinics. AT&T will work with Baylor to create a marketing outreach program to promote physician adoption of the HIE solution.
“Baylor is focused on honoring the sacred trust between a doctor and patient, and our networks are designed to share and protect critical information,” said Xavier Williams, Senior Vice President, Public Sector and Healthcare at AT&T.
Key Facts: With AT&T Healthcare Community Online, Physicians Can
- Exchange information such as patient profiles, medical history and prescriptions
- Improve workflow efficiency and streamline processes associated with physician orders and referrals, lab orders and results, medications and discharge planning
- Locate millions of patient records
- Analyze patient information and help bring evidence-based information to the point of care
- Integrate with existing practice management systems in their offices
- Send clinical messages among healthcare providers
- Access 58 important applications such as dictation, claims and eligibility