4G LTE From AT&T Available in Orlando
Customers to benefit from ultra-fast mobile broadband on new LTE compatible devices
Orlando, Florida, January 05, 2012
AT&T* has turned on its 4G LTE network in Orlando and its surrounding markets, bringing customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T 4G LTE provides several benefits, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile broadband speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
“We continue to see demand for mobile broadband skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in Orlando responds to what customers want from their mobile experience — more, faster, on the best devices,” said Rich Guidotti, vice president and general manager, AT&T Mobility & Consumer Markets for Central and North Florida.
AT&T 4G LTE Devices
AT&T offers several 4G LTE-compatible devices, including:
- HTC Vivid™
- Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
- LG Nitro HD
- HTC Jetstream™ tablet
- Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9
- AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
AT&T will continue to expand its 4G LTE footprint in Orlando over the coming months. AT&T has launched 4G LTE in 26 markets nationwide.
Even as AT&T 4G LTE expands, customers will be able to enjoy more consistent 4G speeds on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. Not only is AT&T deploying 4G LTE, it has also deployed fast HSPA+ technology throughout its mobile broadband network. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with 4G speeds. Customers of competitors who have transitioned to LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE areas.
Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. Deployment ongoing. 4G LTE device and data plan required. Up to 10x claim compares 4G LTE download speeds to industry average 3G download speeds. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more about 4G LTE at att.com/network.