AT&T 4G LTE Expands to Durham
More customers to benefit from ultra-fast mobile broadband on new LTE compatible devices
Durham , North Carolina, February 15, 2012
AT&T* has expanded its 4G LTE network to Durham, bringing more customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T launched 4G LTE in Raleigh on Jan. 5, and the expanded coverage is part of its ongoing rollout across the market. AT&T 4G LTE coverage now includes parts of Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham.
“AT&T is committed to investing in advanced technologies that meet our customers’ needs and help stimulate economic growth and job creation,” said Cynthia Marshall, President AT&T North Carolina.
AT&T 4G LTE provides several benefits, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile broadband technologies. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
“We’ve seen positive response from customers on our 4G LTE launch, and as today’s expansion shows, we’re continuing our rollout of fast LTE speeds to more areas in the Triangle,” said Laurent Therivel, AT&T’s VP/GM of Mobility and Consumer Markets in the Carolinas.
AT&T 4G LTE Devices
AT&T offers several 4G LTE-compatible devices, including:
- Samsung Galaxy Note™
- HTC Vivid™
- Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
- LG Nitro HD
- Pantech Burst™
- HTC Jetstream™ tablet
- Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9
- Pantech Element™ tablet
- AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
AT&T will continue to expand its 4G LTE footprint in Triangle over the coming months. AT&T has launched 4G LTE in 28 markets nationwide.
Even as AT&T 4G LTE expands, customers will be able to enjoy more consistent 4G speeds on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. Not only is AT&T deploying 4G LTE, it has also deployed fast HSPA+ technology throughout its mobile broadband network. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with 4G speeds. Customers of competitors who have transitioned to LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE areas.