New AT&T Website for Mobile Apps Enhances Access to Best Apps for Small Business
AT&T now offering activation credits when purchasing select mobile apps bundled with smartphones
Dallas, Texas, April 11, 2012
According to the recent AT&T Small Business Technology Poll**, 85 percent of small businesses surveyed use smartphones and about one-third use mobile apps to keep their businesses going wherever they may be, so having easy access to business-critical apps is more important than ever.
The Mobile Applications for Small Business website enables:
- A visual, user-friendly experience for customers looking to learn more about mobile apps and their benefits
- Convenient online purchasing and provisioning of select apps directly from the website using Buy Now – a first among wireless carriers
- A direct connection to AT&T’s interactive SMART app recommender tool, which takes the guesswork out of finding and purchasing the best apps for small business
- Based on input from small business users, the SMART tool – also available at www.att.com/smart - offers a list of more than 50 recommended solutions, product information, and video demos to help customers decide on the best apps for their business
- The tool’s interface has recently been re-designed to improve customer experience, enhancing navigation and ease of use
- Easy access to the AT&T Certified Solutions Catalog, featuring more than 500 certified solutions that address the mobility needs of various business types and sizes
Small businesses looking for more information should go to the new Mobile Applications for Small Business website, accessible at www.att.com/mobileapps-smallbusiness.
In addition, through May 1, 2012, AT&T is offering special rebates on select mobile apps. Small businesses purchasing smartphones, along with integrated voice and data plans, will receive a $50 credit when also purchasing any one of four mobile apps – Telenav Track, XORA Time Track, ACTsoft Comet, or Pronto Forms. Discounted offer valid only with activation and 2-year agreement on a qualifying voice plan of $39.99 per month or higher on eligible monthly data plans. For more details, visit http://www.corp.att.com/smallbiz/save-time-work-faster/.
“AT&T has listened to what small business customers have been telling us they need,” said Chris Hill, AT&T vice president of Advanced Mobility Solutions. “With the proliferation of smartphones and all the new mobile apps that go with them, we are making it easier than ever for business owners to find innovative and affordable mobile app solutions.”
“With the use of smartphones by business owners at an all time high, mobile apps are expected to be a key resource for business,” said Carrie MacGillivray, Program Director from IDC, an industry analyst group. “Small businesses struggle navigating large application stores. A focused storefront that allows easy self-discovery of relevant business applications will be a critical tool for increasingly mobile businesses.”
Small businesses that want more information about all AT&T products and services can visit AT&T Small Business. For free business resources such as webinars, articles, case studies and best practices, they can visit AT&T Small Business InSite.