Media Kit: State and Local Government
- Mobile Government
- Cloud Services &
- Public Safety
- In the News
Mobile Government Solutions
Mobile solutions enable workers to be more effective and efficient from almost anywhere. Whether it's fleet management and asset tracking, the need to protect mobile devices or to meet citizen demand for government services, AT&T provides the mobile solutions to enable government on the go.
Mobile applications for government agencies are all about creating a better citizen experience, characterized by a consistent, high quality standard for customer service across multiple organizations and divisions of government. Through mobile apps, governments can communicate with citizens in the language of their choice, offer greater transparency on service requests, direct constituents to the right person to answer a question and provide anytime, anywhere access to information.
- The State of Michigan's Department of Natural Resources and AT&T launched the "MI Camping and Recreation Locator" to provide helpful details about where people can camp, boat, hike and swim.
Cloud Services & Collaboration Solutions
State and Local governments can use AT&T's on-demand, scalable Cloud solutions to help save IT costs while accelerating the delivery of citizen services. Cloud-computing abilities can simplify processes such as voter registration, elections, tax time, CooP and payroll runs. Cloud-storage is ideal to provide variable data storage capacity as needed for archived records such as birth records, death records, marriage records, property records and tax records.
- The East Bay Regional Park District IT organization operates a number of organization-wide applications including payroll, email, mapping and public safety systems. To meet the operational needs of specific applications, the District retains certain information locally. It also relies on externally hosted services for other applications, mainly to insure that critical data is available in the event of an earthquake or other local emergency. Working with AT&T, East Bay has a cost-effective, off-site cloud storage solution for park district applications.
- The City of Sterling Heights, Mich. oversees a virtual mountain of data – everything from municipal records to system backups. As the amount of data increases, the challenges and expense of data storage do too. The city is addressing these challenges by using AT&T Cloud Services, which allows them to store data in the Cloud, and make it available virtually anytime, almost anywhere through an easy to use online interface.
Effective communications has always been a mission-critical function for government. Managing across disparate communication devices and applications may hinder productivity, requiring excessive time to be spent collecting and distributing information. Unified communications empowers better collaboration by offering one solution for voice, email, messaging and conferencing, which integrates with core applications.
AT&T solutions for public safety enable first responders to access and share mission critical information when they need it, where they need it-- from call to car to crisis.
Communication is critical in an emergency. Being able to reach the people who can help you is even more important. When assessing an emergency, a video, photo or text from the scene can be worth a thousand words. Today the standards are being developed to enable text, video and images to be sent to 9-1-1 dispatchers to expedite incident response time.
- AT&T is working with Hardin County's emergency communications department to deploy a microDATA next generation 9-1-1-call-handling solution. This complements a larger contract AT&T has with the State of Tennessee to roll out an Emergency Services Internet protocol-based network (ESInet) for routing and delivering 9-1-1 calls.
- In an effort to make first responders more accessible to residents, Brevard County, Florida is rolling-out the Emergency Services IP network (ESInet) next generation 9-1-1 services. Using technology and services from AT&T, Brevard County and its roughly 540,000 residents will benefit from a variety of new capabilities that provide life-saving services in a reliable and timely manner.
Security solutions from AT&T are designed to protect critical agency and citizen data so you can focus on serving your community. Carrying over 24.7 petabytes of data a day, the power of the AT&T proactive and intelligent network helps you safeguard your data to protect citizen information and the public trust.
- The State of Texas Department of Internal Resources (DIR) is working with AT&T to improve numerous technologies for the state – including robust services in security, networking, cloud technology, wireless and much more. AT&T is enhancing the state's Security Incident Event Management platform, giving the state a deeper view into potential threats. And it's helping the state move such services from its premises to a cloud environment.
In the News
Directing Traffic: A look inside the world's largest network operations centers
Government Technology January 1, 2012
Get Ready to Speak IPv6
Public CIO June 1, 2011
The Cloud can Actually Make Data Safer
SC Magazine September 1, 2011
AT&T Recognized for Cyber Security Leadership by National Association of Counties
Dallas, Texas, April 10, 2013
U.S. Marine Corps Selects AT&T Government Solutions for Trusted Handheld Contract
Oakton, Virginia, December 19, 2012
AT&T Government Solutions Receives Authority to Operate for Cloud Storage Service
Oakton, Virginia, October 25, 2012
AT&T and State of Tennessee to Launch Text to 9-1-1 Trial
Dallas, Texas, September 5, 2012
Personalized 9-1-1 Profiles Help Improve Emergency Response
Dallas, Texas, August 21, 2012
- DHS Announces AT&T PS-Prep Certification
Washington, D.C., March 14, 2012
- Gov. Barbour Announces Technology Network For Universities
Jackson, Mississippi, August 17, 2012
Connect With Us
- The County of San Diego Mobile Solution
- AT&T Remote Mobility Zone
- AT&T Critical Communications
- AT&T Next Generation 911
- Network Disaster Recovery in Washington D.C.
- AT&T Mobile Enterprise Application Video (MEAP)
- AT&T Security Operations Center
- AT&T Next-Generation 9-1-1
- Legacy Voice to UC Solutions
- Cloud Solutions for State & Local Governments