AT&T Recognized by CIO Magazine for Use of Technology to Enhance Customers' Retail Experience
IDG's CIO Magazine Honors AT&T With a CIO 100 Award for Fifth Year
Dallas, Texas, August 01, 2012
AT&T* has been named by CIO magazine as a recipient of a 2012 CIO 100 Award. CIO selected AT&T for its innovative use of technology to deliver a best-in-class experience for customers in AT&T’s more than 2,300 retail stores.
“We’re honored to be recognized by CIO for the use of technology to assist in delivering an effortless customer experience in our retail stores,” said Thaddeus Arroyo, AT&T chief information officer. “We’re even more delighted to be receiving positive feedback from customers. But we are not done yet — We will continue to leverage technology to deliver consistent and seamless experiences across all touch points, whether customers are visiting one of our stores, shopping online, using one of our mobile apps, or calling us.”
AT&T retail stores use interactive technology and intelligent IT systems to give customers personal and fast service from the moment they enter the store:
- When customers enter the store, they’re greeted by a retail representative who uses a tablet or Welcome Center kiosk to register their visit. The Welcome Center software pulls account information for existing customers and relays the reasons for their visit to help the next available retail employee provide fast service. If there is a wait, integrated digital signage keeps customers informed of their position in line while they browse.
- Background systems empower store associates with access to the customer’s account information and simple displays of personalized recommendations on services available, packages and discounts, and upgrade eligibility. Employees can complete certain sales and account changes from a tablet, from anywhere in the store, for fast checkouts.
- Solution Centers provide product and coverage information, demos and comparisons on interactive digital touch screens that customers can browse on their own or that store employees can use when assisting customers. Customers can also start transactions and “save” them to be completed with the assistance of a store associate.
- Touch screen kiosks help on-the-go customers quickly do everything from paying a bill to managing their account.
- AT&T retail systems are integrated with att.com so customers can begin their shopping experience online at home and finish in the store where retail employees can retrieve the customer’s online cart. Customers can also build their cart in store and finish their purchase online at home.
- Text message surveys are sent to customers after their store visit for feedback on their experience and satisfaction with AT&T. AT&T uses customer feedback on all aspects of the store to ensure it can continue to deliver great customer service.
“For 25 years now, the CIO 100 awards have honored the innovative use of technology to deliver genuine business value,” said Maryfran Johnson, Editor in Chief of CIO magazine and events. “Our 2012 winners are an outstanding example of the transformative power of IT to drive everything from revenue growth to competitive advantage.”
Complete coverage of the 2012 CIO 100 awards will be online at www.cio.com on Aug. 1, 2012, and in the Aug. 1 issue of CIO magazine. The 2012 CIO 100 awards will be presented on Aug. 21, 2012, at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.