AT&T Debuts Exclusive Xperia TL, Sony's Best in Mobile Camera Technology, HD Viewing and NFC Connectivity
Xperia TL Will be Featured in the Upcoming James Bond Cinema Release Skyfall
Dallas, Texas, October 01, 2012
AT&T* today announced plans to offer XperiaTM TL, the latest Sony smartphone bringing Sony’s best HD experiences, easy connectivity with ‘One-touch’ sharing enabled by NFC (Near Field Communications) and award-winning** arc design. This 4G LTE smartphone takes connected entertainment to the next level with new Sony media applications.
Photo enthusiasts will delight in the impressive images taken with Xperia TL’s 13-megapixel primary camera that brings even the smallest of details to life. This high resolution camera captures quality images swiftly with its quick launch feature, going from standby mode (sleep) to first shot in just 1.5 seconds,1 making sure life’s unexpected moments are not missed. Plus, both the rear and front-facing cameras deliver HD recording capabilities for vivid video capture on the go.
Xperia TL gives you the ultimate in HD with a superb 4.6-inch HD display (1280 x 720), powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for razor sharp clarity and brilliance. The viewing experience on Xperia TL is accentuated by a stylish, slim form factor that emphasizes the display. For those looking to take their content from their smartphone screen to the TV screen, Xperia TL connects through MHL or wirelessly through DLNA.
To make enjoying content across devices even easier, Xperia TL supports ‘One-touch’ connectivity through NFC. Now, you can conveniently and instantaneously enjoy your music and photos across an array of NFC enabled devices by simply touching one to another to establish a wireless connection without a cumbersome pairing process. To get started with experiencing NFC, Xperia TL comes with one Xperia SmartTag in box. Using near field communication technology, SmartTags let you store device preferences for a variety of locations and situations – like opening and controlling volume on the music player if you head out for a run, turning on GPS and Bluetooth in the car or turning on your alarm and silencing your ringer at night.
Xperia TL includes three preloaded Sony media applications, Walkman, Movies, and Album, introducing a consistent user interface across Sony devices. Album will be especially appealing to photo takers with features such as:
- Geo-mapping in satellite and traditional map views
- More than 25 editing options
- Improved layout of photo and video folders, both in device and online
AT&T customers have access to the nation’s largest 4G network***, covering 275 million people. AT&T has two 4G networks that work together for customers, LTE and HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. That means AT&T customers are able to enjoy a widespread, ultra-fast and consistent 4G experience on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. With other carriers, when you travel outside of their LTE coverage area, you may be on a much slower 3G network.
Key Specs for Xperia TL:
- 4.6” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- 13MP quick launch-fast capture camera that goes from sleep to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- Easy connectivity with ‘One-touch’ function enabled by NFC
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery efficiency and fast graphics performance
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Upgradable to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch.
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- Available in Black