New AT&T Content Delivery Network Offer Accelerates Bits and Bytes for Business
Enhanced CDN Offer from AT&T Improves Performance, Access and Management of Content-Rich Web and Mobile Environments
Dallas, Texas, February 13, 2013
In a world where content is king, businesses today understand that delays in delivering mobile apps, web pages or videos can cost them customers. To help businesses deliver, manage and make the most of their mobile and web content regardless of device, AT&T* today announced its enhanced, high-performance content delivery network (CDN) offer for businesses of all sizes.
AT&T CDN Service is available to U.S. customers, two months after AT&T announced a global strategic alliance with Akamai Technologies to provide content delivery network solutions. A similar offer for global companies is also planned.
With the deployment of Akamai’s CDN infrastructure within AT&T’s network infrastructure, customers are expected to benefit from more efficient content routing and better delivery of digital content, video and Web applications, resulting in a better end-user experience.
The offer announced today will help businesses:
- Enable website pages to load faster across nearly any network-connected device, including mobile devices
- Accelerate software distribution securely across their enterprise networks and to customers
- Provide fast and highly secure distribution of content rich applications like high-definition video across nearly any connected device
- Ensure business-critical enterprise and cloud applications are highly secure and perform well for global Internet users outside of corporate firewalls
- Significantly improve the performance of e-commerce, financial, and other web and mobile transactions that rely on dynamic, personalized, or other non-cacheable data
“Our customers require high-performing, secure and reliable content delivery solutions to help them deal with a virtual sea of digital assets like mobile apps, movies, live events and other rich web content,” said Jon Summers, Senior Vice President-Growth Platforms, AT&T Business Solutions. “Our new CDN solution allows them to manage and deliver content faster and more efficiently to end-users across broadband, mobile, Wi-Fi, and Intranet connections to virtually any device.”
“Enterprises today need to deliver rich content to their customers efficiently, at a high quality level and in the format the customer desires,” said Cindy Whelan, Principal Analyst, Business Network and Wholesale Services, Current Analysis. “Services like AT&T Content Delivery Network can assist enterprises in meeting these requirements by enabling them to manage, maximize, and accelerate the flow of digital assets, creating seamless mobile and web experiences regardless of device.”
The Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM spans 81 countries and over 1,100 of the world’s networks; with over 125,000 servers deployed in more than 2,100 locations as of 2012.
For more information on AT&T Content Delivery Network Service visit http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2771