Kindle Fire HD 8.9'' 4G LTE Available at AT&T Stores Beginning April 5
4G LTE Connected Tablet Eligible for Up to $150 off in Credits. AT&T Mobile Share Plans Make It Possible to Add a Tablet for Just $10 per Month
Dallas, Texas, April 01, 2013
Browse the web, check email, watch videos and download apps on the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9” – coming to AT&T* retail stores at an affordable price. Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE 32GB tablet arrives on shelves of select AT&T company-owned retail stores nationwide on April 5. Customers who purchase the $399 Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE with a two-year data plan agreement at AT&T retail stores will receive up to $150 off, for a limited time, lowering the overall cost to $249.1
“Being the first carrier to connect Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD to our 4G LTE network provides the best mobile internet experience,” said Chris Penrose, senior vice president of emerging devices, AT&T. “Combining our 4G LTE with Kindle Fire HD’s rich features at an incredible price point yields a great value and experience for our customers.”
“We’re excited to work with AT&T to offer the 4G LTE version of Kindle Fire HD 8.9” to AT&T customers across the country,” said Mike McKenna, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “Customers tell us they love our large-screen Kindle Fire HD for browsing the web, writing emails, watching movies, reading magazines, and more – and with AT&T’s 4G LTE technology, everything is faster and more convenient.”
Kindle Fire HD 8.9” is the highest-resolution, largest-display Kindle Fire. Designed for entertainment, it is perfect for web, e-mail, apps, movies, games and magazines. Features include:
- Large 8.9” display has the highest resolution of any Kindle Fire (1920x1200, 254 ppi), with rich color and deep contrast; ideal for movies, apps, and gaming.
- Custom Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, rich sound.
- Over 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks.
- The most popular apps and games.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls.
- Exceptional battery life — Kindle Fire HD 8.9” gets 10 hours of battery life.
- Easy-to-use e-mail, calendar, and contacts for work or home, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, and more.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- “Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere” with Amazon apps available on the largest number of platforms so customers can use their Amazon content on any of their devices.
- Amazon's top-rated, world-class customer service.
Customers who want mobile internet service for Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G have several options to choose from. For as low as $10 per month, customers can connect the Kindle Fire HD 8.9” with AT&T's Mobile Share plans. With Mobile Share, new and existing customers can share a single bucket of data across smartphones, tablets, and other compatible devices. Customers can select Mobile Share or choose one of AT&T’s individual or family plans.2
The Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE is the first Kindle Fire to run on AT&T 4G LTE, the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network.3 AT&T has the nation’s largest 4G network, covering 288 million people. AT&T has two 4G networks that work together for customers, LTE and HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. That means AT&T customers are able to enjoy a widespread, ultra-fast and consistent 4G experience on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas.3 With some carriers, when you travel outside of their LTE coverage area, you may be on a much slower 3G network.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.