AT&T Announces Preliminary Results of 2013 Annual Meeting
Cheyenne , Wyoming, April 26, 2013
At its annual meeting of stockholders today, AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) announced that each of the 13 nominees were reelected to the company’s board of directors for one-year terms, with each member receiving at least 97.6 percent of the shares voted. The board members are:
- Randall L. Stephenson
- Gilbert F. Amelio
- Reuben V. Anderson
- James H. Blanchard
- Jaime Chico Pardo
- Scott T. Ford
- James P. Kelly
- Jon C. Madonna
- Michael B. McCallister
- John B. McCoy
- Joyce M. Roché
- Matthew K. Rose
- Laura D'Andrea Tyson
Additionally, AT&T stockholders voted to approve the following items proposed by the board of directors:
- The appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company’s independent auditor, with 98.3 percent of shares cast in favor and 1.7 percent cast against.
- In an advisory vote, the compensation of AT&T’s executive officers as described in the 2013 proxy statement, with 94.5 percent of shares cast in favor and 5.5 percent cast against.
- The Stock Purchase and Deferral Plan, with 95.9 percent of shares cast in favor and 4.1 percent cast against.
The following proposals from stockholders were also voted on:
- A proposal asking AT&T to issue a semi-annual report on political contributions and the policies and procedures for making such contributions was defeated by a vote of 74.6 percent against to 25.4 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T issue a report on lead battery disposal options was defeated by a vote of 72.9 percent against to 27.1 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T seek stockholder approval of certain severance agreements was defeated by a vote of 54.1 percent against to 45.9 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T adopt a policy that the chairman of the board be an independent director was defeated by a vote of 74.6 percent against to 25.4 percent in favor.
Click here to see final 2013 voting results.