AT&T and NEC Introduce Ultra-Rugged Smartphone Designed for Hard Work, Real Life
NEC Terrain Available Through AT&T Business Solutions Channels, Delivers Dedicated Enhanced Push-to-Talk and QWERTY Keyboard
Dallas, Texas, June 19, 2013
AT&T* and NEC Corporation of America today announced the upcoming launch of the ultimate workhorse among ruggedized 4G LTE smartphones, the NEC Terrain™. As one of the most ruggedized phones equipped with AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk (EPTT) **, NEC Terrain embodies toughened versatility and business-ready features. Its design is aimed at breaking productivity barriers to keep workforces moving forward, while also keeping up with daily life outside of work. Available exclusively through AT&T Business Solutions channels and online beginning June 21, the NEC Terrain is priced at $99.99 with a two-year agreement and can be purchased at www.ATT.com/necterrain.
“Businesses have become increasingly mobile and employees need a smartphone that allows them to stay connected no matter where they are,” said Mike Troiano, vice president – Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “With AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk, access to the nation’s largest 4G network and fastest 4G LTE network***, communicating is even easier than before so businesses can operate more efficiently and effectively.”
The NEC Terrain can also be used over Wi-Fi, giving U.S.-based customers improved in-building coverage and access to the service via compatible Wi-Fi networks. AT&T operates the U.S.’s largest Wi-Fi network****, including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots.
Featuring water and dustproof***** design, a scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass™ screen and sturdy core construct that exceeds the military specifications (MIL-810G) for shock distribution, the NEC Terrain is a durable smartphone built to perform in the toughest working conditions, as well as stand up to the most demanding families.
“Enterprises are clamoring for reliable, easy-to-field smartphones, packed with the latest security and performance features to ensure productivity for today’s on-the-go workforce to use both at work and home,” said Scott Spreen, director of business development, NEC. “Whether looking for enterprise-wide solutions or blending a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) into the fold, we’re excited to offer a product with AT&T that goes beyond the demands of enterprise users and perfectly blends the necessary features needed for work and personal use.”
NEC Terrain is packed with a feature-set that helps users get the task at hand done quickly, efficiently and intuitively.
- The dedicated Enhanced PTT key means immediate communication when it counts most without cumbersome menus or the need to change applications.
- Speedy 4G LTE connectivity makes it simple to pull up plans, records or email from virtually anywhere.
- Wi-Fi availability giving U.S.-based customers improved in-building coverage and access to the service via compatible Wi-Fi networks.
- A dual core 1.5GHz QualComm® Snapdragon S4 processor and Android 4.0 makes multitasking simple and easy.
- earSmart™ technology by Audience and NEC Terrain’s dual speakers ensure communication is heard loud and clear with echo cancellation and noise suppression.
- Physical QWERTY keyboard with a 3.1” high resolution screen places a virtual office in your hand when you’re on the job or just on the move.
- 5 MP rear camera and 0.3 MP front camera.
- Up to 8GB of internal memory and MicroSD up to 32GB of expandable memory for ample file and photo storage.
Designed to take the heavy beatings of a mobile workforce and equipped to fit right into BYOD policies, the NEC Terrain gives IT managers the assurance that internal data and programs are safe, secure and inaccessible to prying eyes via VPN and on-device encryption. Plus, IT teams can remotely deploy applications and provide additional security with remote locking and wiping.
To learn more about AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk, visit http://www.att.com/EPTT.
More information about NEC Terrain and NEC can be found at: http://www.att.com/necterrain.