AT&T Ranks Highest in J.D. Power 2013 Wireless Full-Service Customer Care Study - Volume 2
Dallas, Texas, August 01, 2013
Wireless customers ranked AT&T* highest in customer service, according to the latest J.D. Power study released today. In the 2013 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service StudySM, Volume 2, AT&T outscored all other full-service wireless providers for the overall customer service experience measured across its retail stores, online, and call centers.
AT&T surpassed its competitors, making it the “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers” and showed significant improvements in every category. More than 18,000 U.S. wireless customers participated in the study.
AT&T scored highest in the retail category. AT&T also scored the highest in the industry for its online experience, which had the biggest improvement over the past six months.
“There is nothing more important to us than listening to our customers and continually improving their experience at every opportunity, and it’s a job that’s never done,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility. “AT&T has the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network, an unmatched selection of devices, and a broad choice of service plans. Being highest in customer service is yet another reason for customers to choose AT&T.”
“We look at customer service not as a department but as a discipline that must be applied in every part of our business, by each employee, for every customer,” added de la Vega.
Some of the many customer service enhancements AT&T has made over the past year include:
- Adding the ability for customers to schedule a retail store appointment online.
- Improving myAT&T capabilities so customers can get 24/7 service at their fingertips online or from our free mobile app.
- Completing faster retail checkouts on a tablet at our company-owned retail stores.
- Providing highly-trained representatives who are specialized in the major mobile operating systems to quickly and knowledgably troubleshoot device questions and issues.
- Expanding the number of online chat representatives available to assist customers shopping or managing their accounts at att.com.
- Improving internal tools and apps to help employees serve customers even better.
- Focusing on resolving customers’ questions on the first contact and minimizing wait times and transfers.
- Introducing a new retail store design that focuses on the customer experience by creating a warm and inviting environment where customers can easily find the right solution to fit their mobile lifestyles.