Kern County Residents Keep Tabs on Restaurant Health Inspection Status using Custom AT&T Mobile App
Kern County Public Health Services Empowers Residents with Restaurant Inspection Data, Grades and Images to Promote Health Awareness
Bakersfield, California, August 01, 2013
Residents of Kern County now have the ability to access the latest health inspection reports for all county restaurants from their mobile device with a new Safe Diner app developed by AT&T.*
Kern County Public Health Services launched the custom-built application to provide residents with a more efficient way to view reports for more than 1,800 restaurants throughout the county. Residents can now download the app directly to their smartphones and tablets. Users can instantly view restaurant locations, inspection reports and also file a complaint form with the option of uploading a picture or video.
The key components of the Kern County Public Health Services Safe Diner app include:
- Search for restaurant by name or location
- Map-based listing of all matching restaurants with satellite view
- Inspection grade and details of specific violations
- Submit a complaint and include a video or picture
“The public can download the Safe Diner app and view inspection reports before they visit a restaurant,” said Donna Fenton, Kern County Chief Environmental Health Specialist. “Dining patrons can make an informed choice knowing their restaurants are maintaining clean food establishments and using safe food preparation practices.”
More than 54,000 AT&T business customers have adopted mobile applications today. AT&T’s Mobile Application Development (MAD) portfolio has created more than 100 custom applications for organizations in all different industries including retail, manufacturing, government, education, and more.
AT&T's Top Performing Network
The great performance of AT&T’s network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- RootMetrics® has awarded AT&T for strongest overall call, text, and data performance in multiple markets from January through June of this year.1
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive’s most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T’s as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. 2
- And AT&T was named America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. 3
For more information on how to download Kern County’s Public Health Services Inspection app, visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/safe-diner/id670438372?mt=8&ls=1 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.kern.ca.us.safediner.