Find the Closest Goodwill with New Locator App
Mobile App Developed by AT&T Simplifies Donating and Purchasing at Goodwill
Rockville, Maryland, August 06, 2013
Goodwill Industries International teamed with AT&T* to launch a free “Goodwill Locations/Locator” mobile app, currently available on iOS and Android mobile operating systems. Now, shoppers and donors need only to pull out a smartphone to find the nearest Goodwill location.
The mobile application provides users with a convenient tool that currently has information about more than 4,800 Goodwill donation centers and stores across the United States and Canada.
- Find locations and Hours: Customers can find their closest Goodwill location by enabling their devices’ geo-location services or by entering address information. Hours for each location and the various types of services offered are displayed as well.
- Save a favorite: Users can save their favorite Goodwill locations within the app for future donating or shopping expeditions.
- Always current: The 165 Goodwill headquarters across the United States and Canada continually update their locations, including addresses, phone numbers, hours of operation, and website URLs.
The custom app was built by AT&T's Mobility Solutions Services, a team that specializes in guiding business through the entire process of going mobile, using the AT&T Mobile Application Development (MAD) platform to benefit Goodwill donors and shoppers who are increasingly accessing data on the go.
“Working with AT&T, we were able to design a mobile app to provide Goodwill supporters with a convenient way to support our mission of job training,” said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. “Rather than having to type a zip code into a website, they are able to instantly locate their nearest Goodwill locations based on their geographic whereabouts.”
To download the mobile app today, visit http://www.goodwill.org/apps/.
AT&T's 4G LTE Network
The great performance of AT&T’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- AT&T now has the most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.**
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive’s most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T’s as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. ****
- And AT&T was named America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. *****