AT&T Ranks Highest in Another J.D. Power Study
AT&T Outscores Competitors in J.D. Power 2013 Wireless Purchase Satisfaction Study Vol. 2
Dallas, Texas, August 15, 2013
Which wireless company do consumers say provides a great experience, service and value? It’s AT&T*, according to the J.D. Power Wireless Purchase Satisfaction Study, Volume 2, released today. AT&T outscored all other full-service wireless providers for the overall purchase experience evaluating stores, online and by phone.
AT&T’s latest performance comes just after it also ranked highest in the J.D. Power 2013 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service StudySM, Volume 2. That study measures the overall customer service experience across retail stores, online, and call centers.
In today’s study, AT&T earned “Highest Satisfaction with the Purchase Experience among Full Service Wireless Providers” and showed significant improvements in every category. AT&T scored highest in the industry for store sales representative and store facility satisfaction, and its largest improvements were in cost of service, offerings and promotions, and the online categories.
“The biggest compliment our customers can give is rating us highest for customer service and purchase experience. That shows we’re providing them with an unmatched experience,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility. “We have a leading device selection from every operating system and a wide choice of services, all backed by the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network. Customers have more reasons than ever to choose AT&T.”
“Our secret sauce to providing an exceptional customer experience: our employees. We hire, train and coach our employees so they can help our customers with anything they need,” added de la Vega.
Some of the new initiatives that have improved the purchase experience for customers over the past year include:
- Introducing new products, including AT&T Mobile Share plans and AT&T Next, a new way to get a new device every year with no down payment, no upgrade fees, no activation fees and no financing fees.
- Integrating retail and online experiences to make shopping even more convenient. For example, customers can schedule a retail store appointment or check store inventory online.
- Launching a mobile att.com website so customers can shop from their mobile devices.
- Improving the technology tools available for customers and AT&T sales representatives. Examples include:
- A new mobile sales system for faster retail checkouts on a tablet.
- A tool that provides AT&T representatives with detailed network coverage information for the customer’s specific location.
- Apps for retail employees that provide product, plan and offer information at one touch.
- Background systems that help retail employees make personalized recommendations on products and services, discounts, and upgrade eligibility.