AT&T Smartphones, Stores Ready for Isis National Launch
Millions of AT&T Customers Nationwide Can Now Tap to Pay Using the Isis Mobile Wallet
Dallas, Texas, November 14, 2013
Starting today, AT&T customers nationwide can use their smartphone as a wallet when they download the Isis Mobile Wallet® from Google Play. Currently, AT&T’s portfolio of smartphones includes 19 different Android models that support Near Field Communication (NFC) and are capable of using the Isis Mobile Wallet™.
Isis, which announced nationwide availability of the Isis Mobile Wallet earlier today, uses NFC on the smartphone and a secure element SIM card to allow customers to make payments, save money with special offers and redeem loyalty cards at participating merchants.
In addition to enabling the Isis Mobile Wallet on its smartphones, AT&T is also accepting Isis payments in its company owned retail stores. Customers can now walk into these locations and pay for devices and accessories by tapping their phone on a contactless point-of-sale terminal. Similar to other national retailers, AT&T will provide Isis users with unique offers for AT&T products and services.
“AT&T is supporting Isis by ensuring our industry leading smartphones support the Isis Mobile Wallet, and enabling our stores to accept Isis payments,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility. “Isis has the right plan to significantly expand the mobile payments industry for our customers.”
How to Get Started With the Isis Mobile Wallet on an Android Smartphone:
- To use the Isis Mobile Wallet, AT&T customers will need a smartphone with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. Check here for a list of Isis Ready smartphones.
- AT&T customers also need a secure element SIM card, which adds an extra layer of protection and stores payment information. The AT&T secure element SIM card has a grey mark in the lower right hand corner for easy identification.
- If the phone does not have a secure element SIM, customers can visit an AT&T retail location to swap out their SIM. A store representative can transfer the customer’s phone number and information to the new SIM card.
- Once the user has an Isis Ready phone with a secure element SIM, turn on NFC in the phone.
- Search “Isis Mobile Wallet” in the Google Play Store and download the free* app.
- Launch the Wallet app and follow the step-by-step instructions to activate the Wallet.
- Select Add a Card or the plus button.
- Choose a credit card from the list of available cards in the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Visit the bank or card issuer website to complete the process.
- The card appears in the Isis Mobile Wallet and is ready to pay.
*Data and messaging rates apply