AT&T's U-verse with GigaPower Lights Up Austin
City's Fastest Consumer Internet and an Enhanced TV Experience Goes Live Today
Austin, Texas, December 11, 2013
AT&T (NYSE:T) today is launching U-verse with GigaPower,* an all-fiber Internet network with the fastest speeds Austin consumers have ever experienced. It’s available now to eligible Austinites at www.att.com/gigapower for as low as $70 a month.**
With initial speeds of up to 300 Mbps, AT&T’s U-verse with GigaPower offers upstream speeds 20 times faster than what’s available today and enhanced TV to tens of thousands of Austinites. AT&T plans to continue the rollout to new areas of the city in 2014 and beyond.
U-verse with GigaPower customers who also select U-verse TV, the country’s fastest growing TV service¹, will get U-verse’s largest storage capacity DVR.
“Our all-fiber network enables U-verse with GigaPower to give Austinites the fastest speeds available to consumers in the city,” said Dahna Hull, AT&T’s vice president and general manager for Austin. “With U-verse with GigaPower, our customers can download movies and music and navigate, post and interact on the web faster than ever before, and have one of the best TV experiences around. It’s reliable, crazy fast and priced to attract more and more people to give us a try.”
AT&T plans to expand availability of U-verse with GigaPower beyond parts of Austin area neighborhoods like French Place, Mueller, Zilker and Onion Creek to even more residents and small businesses in 2014. Expansion plans will, in part, be influenced by the number of Austinites voting for their neighborhood at www.att.com/gigapower.
AT&T U-verse with GigaPower offers Austin residents:
- Fastest Internet speeds available to consumers in Austin, with plans to reach speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second in 2014. With Gigabit speeds, you can download 25 songs in one second.²
- Access to cutting-edge TV services that include our 1 terabyte of storage DVR – record up to 330 hours of high-definition TV – and the flexibility to watch and record five shows at the same time.
- In-home, watch the Longhorn Network live on your device or tablet.
- Ability to schedule DVR recordings and watch both live and video on-demand TV shows, on more than 30 smartphones and tablets.
AT&T will have two U-verse with GigaPower Internet offers:
- Premier**: Internet speeds up to 300 Mbps – download an HD movie in less than two minutes² – for $70 per month, includes waiver of equipment, installation and activation fees. Customers who also select U-verse TV will receive free HBO, HBO GO for 36 months, and HD service for $120 per month with qualifying TV services.
- Standard: Internet speeds up to 300 mbps – download your favorite TV show in less than nine seconds² – for $99 per month.
Customers who sign up for 300 Mbps service will be upgraded to speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second when available in 2014, at no extra cost. And U-verse with GigaPower customers that are also AT&T wireless customers will enjoy 50 GB of free cloud storage³.
These offers are available for eligible Austin residents in U-verse with GigaPower areas at www.att.com/gigapower today. Austinites interested in U-verse with GigaPower can sign-up at any time. There is no one-time activation period to order U-verse with GigaPower.
When announcing plans in October to roll-out U-verse with GigaPower to consumers and small businesses, AT&T said it would collaborate with Austin leaders to discuss how the new all-fiber platform could further the citywide technology ecosystem and build on the progressive nature of the community. In the coming weeks, the company will share plans of an initiative designed to drive new innovation and solve every day challenges, connecting Austin in new ways based on community input.
AT&T has been a big part of Austin for more than 134 years. Today, more than 2,600 AT&T employees call Austin home.