New AT&T Custom App Helps Team USA Navigate the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
United States Olympic Committee will use New App for Communications and Logistics
Colorado Springs, Colorado, January 15, 2014
Members of Team USA will have an easier time navigating Olympic and Paralympic events in Sochi with a new Team USA Guide app developed by AT&T.*
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) will launch the custom-built application just ahead of the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi in an effort to help athletes, coaches and Team USA delegation members to communicate with each other during the games.
The key components of the app include:
- Calendar Updates – Provides information on dates and times of each event as well as venue or time changes.
- Logistics – Provides transportation schedules and updates
- Maps – Provides maps of the Olympic and Paralympic Venues, Villages and the surrounding area.
- Communicate – Facilitates notifications from the USOC to members of the delegation.
- Information – Provides a quick reference and resource guide - including the athlete handbook, policies and procedures, and general information for Team USA delegation friends and family members.
“A primary focus of everyone at the USOC is to help eliminate distractions for Team USA athletes, allowing them to focus on competing at the highest levels,” said Lisa Baird, chief marketing officer, USOC. “AT&T’s innovative app will help America’s athletes manage planning and logistics, and we know it will serve them well as they compete on the biggest stage in sport.”
In addition, the USOC will use a separate AT&T custom app to manage voice and data usage on their mobile phones during the Winter Games. In cooperation with the USOC, AT&T and Samsung will be giving all Team USA athletes, coaches and delegates a Samsung smartphone. The smartphone comes in a custom case jointly developed by AT&T and Samsung.
“We’ve cultivated an exciting 30-year business relationship with the USOC,” said Chris Hill, Senior Vice President, AT&T Advanced Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “Along with AT&T U-verse and wireless services for living areas, we provide voice and internet services for training facilities and practice fields – all as part of our continued support of Team USA and the Olympic and Paralympic experience.”