AT&T Digital Life, New Home Security and Automation Service Launches in Four U.S. Markets
Dallas, Texas, February 19, 2014
AT&T* today announced that on Friday, Feb. 21, it will launch new Digital Life® markets in Albany, N.Y., Dayton, Ohio, Grand Rapids, Mich. and Wichita, Kan. With these new additions Digital Life, which began service in 2013, will be available in 63 markets across the U.S.
Starting Friday, Feb. 21, customers in these four new markets can receive a live demo and purchase AT&T Digital Life in company owned retail stores, or purchase online at att.com/digitallife. With these new additions, Digital Life will be available in 63 markets across the U.S.
“This year is going to be exciting for AT&T Digital Life and the connected home industry,” said Kevin Petersen, president, Digital Life, Inc. “We’re going to expand our footprint and add features to the platform while being aggressive in the market to show customers how convenient it is to control your home with our easy-to-use technology.”
AT&T Digital Life makes customers’ lives easier by simplifying the management of their home, offering security, convenience and peace of mind, in a customizable and easy-to-use experience from a smartphones, tablet or computer.
With Digital Life, customers can use their existing home broadband provider and enjoy the security and convenience of a home management system with the flexibility to meet their unique needs.
- Actively Protected & In Control: The foundation of AT&T Digital Life is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring that allows you to know what is happening at home, or where an event has occurred. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities.
- Seamlessly Connected: Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system, giving customers flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or computer. Our conversion kit lets you easily extend your existing security system and investment. The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers. Apps are available for iOS, as well as Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones. To ensure customers’ privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device.
- Amazingly Simple & Intuitive: A user-friendly application was designed to be as simple as possible, making it easier than ever to manage your home. The Digital Life application gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system.
- Personalized & Flexible: Digital Life provides total flexibility so you can personalize your home to adapt to everyday life – with custom notifications and scheduled tasks. You can also, add devices and solutions anytime, as your needs grow, or your lifestyle changes.
In 2014, AT&T Digital Life joined the AllSeen Alliance, a nonprofit consortium dedicated to driving the widespread adoption of products, systems and services that support the Internet of Everything with an open, universal development framework supported by a vibrant ecosystem and thriving technical community. The alliance is a broad cross-industry consortium aimed at advancing adoption and innovation in the “Internet of Everything” in homes and industry.
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is the basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation. For a limited time, customers who sign up for AT&T Digital Life will receive an instant $100 savings on Digital Life equipment and installation at the time of purchase.1
- Simple Security: Includes 24/7 home monitoring, professional installation, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, 3-pack of recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment before taxes or fees.
- Smart Security: Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus the following devices: motion sensor, smoke sensor and a 5-pack of recessed contact sensors. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment before taxes or fees.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment before taxes or fees.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment before taxes or fees.
- Door Package: Lock or unlock the door remotely with automated door locks for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment before taxes or fees.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment before taxes or fees.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment before taxes or fees.
Experience Digital Life
Digital Life offers a simple purchasing process with several options. Digital Life is sold and demonstrated in 1,378 company owned retail stores and customers can also build a package and buy at att.com/digitallife, calling 855-288-2727 or scheduling an appointment with an in-home sales consultant.
To learn more about Digital Life availability, visit www.att.com/digitallife.