AT&T Ranks Highest in J.D. Power 2014 Wireless Purchase Satisfaction Study
AT&T Scores Highest Ranking for Second Consecutive Time
Dallas, Texas, February 20, 2014
AT&T* outscored all other full-service wireless providers in the J.D. Power 2014 Full Service Wireless Purchase Experience StudySM, Volume 1. This marks the second consecutive time AT&T ranked highest in the study. The J.D. Power Wireless Purchase Satisfaction Study evaluates the overall customer experience in stores, online and by phone.
There are plenty of options today when it comes to choosing a wireless provider, so offering customers a top-notch experience with every interaction is critical. AT&T recognizes the importance of providing customers with knowledgeable, friendly salespeople in a welcoming environment. This ranking demonstrates our ongoing commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience—one interaction at a time.
This award follows the recent announcement that AT&T received “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers” in the J.D. Power 2014 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Study, Volume 1. The study ranked carriers on overall customer service experience measured across online, retail and call centers. It was the second time in a row AT&T ranked highest in the J.D. Power Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Study.
“The customer experience is our top priority at AT&T. Being recognized a second time in both the Customer Service and Purchase Experience by J.D. Power reinforces that our focus on the customer is making a difference,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility. “Our employees are passionate about helping customers find the right solution -- that’s what moves the needle. A great customer experience starts with fast and friendly service, and when we combine it with the most reliable network, a superior device selection, and great value in wireless plans —we are bringing people the best total package in the industry.”
Some of the key elements that have made the AT&T purchase experience best-in-class:
- Streamlined Online Navigation and Shopping – An enhanced online browsing and shopping experience allows customers to more easily access information, shop, and check-out on att.com or from the myAT&T app on their mobile devices.
- Improved Service from “Friendly Experts” – We have changed our hiring, training, and measurement processes for retail and customer service employees to ensure they consistently serve our customers as friendly experts.
- Employee Training – In 2013, our retail and customer service employees spent more than 5 million hours in training to learn how they could better serve customers. We’ve rolled out mobile-based training curriculum for our front line reps for greater convenience and access.
- Interactive Store Design – A new, cutting-edge store design, in-store technology and lifestyle merchandising approach creates a warm and inviting shopping environment that encourages exploration. Removed traditional cash-register counters and replaced with Learning Tables to enable side-by-side interactions between customer and store representative.
- Faster Retail Interactions – Our mobile point-of-sales system and tablet-equipped retail reps enable quicker in-store interactions. Apps and tools help our retail employees provide customized product and service recommendations at one touch.
- Simplified Plans Add Value –Mobile Share Value ‘no annual service contract’ plans offer a better deal for customers and small businesses with multiple lines.