AT&T Introduces U-verse in Dallas-Fort Worth
High Definition Programming and Other Compelling Features
Make AT&T U-verse TV the Most Advanced Video Offering in the Market
Through June 30, New Customers May Receive
Two Months of Free TV with 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas, March 6, 2007
A new world of communications and entertainment is now available to residents in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. AT&T Inc. today announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM services, which utilize AT&T's new fiber-rich network to offer cutting-edge television and high-speed Internet services. AT&T U-verse services are initially available in limited areas across the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan statistical area (MSA), though the company intends to increase availability throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
AT&T is the only national provider to offer a 100 percent Internet Protocol (IP)-based television service, making U-verse TV one of the most robust and feature-rich services available today. AT&T U-verse services are available in parts of 14 markets across five states, with plans to continue expansion into new markets throughout 2007.
AT&T U-verse offers customers a combination of next-generation digital television — including more than 25 High Definition (HD) channels — and high speed Internet access. The award-winning AT&T U-verse TV includes cutting-edge features that are unmatched in the market, while the new U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo!® High Speed Internet builds on AT&T's position as the nation's leading provider of broadband DSL.
"AT&T U-verse is like no other offering in the marketplace. We're launching a television service that truly offers a new entertainment experience," said Deb Peoples, AT&T vice president and general manager for Dallas-Fort Worth. "We're confident customers will recognize the unique features and integrated capabilities of AT&T U-verse services, and we're proud to make AT&T U-verse available in Dallas-Fort Worth."
Beginning today, AT&T U-verse TV will offer Dallas-Fort Worth area residents:
- A compelling variety of TV packages with more than 300 channels, including digital music, local, and premium movie and sports programming.
- More HD programming than the local cable provider. HD technology produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV delivering rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie theater quality sound. AT&T U-verse offers customers access to a growing lineup of more than 25 HD channels, along with HD digital video recording (DVR) capability. New HD customers can receive two months of free HD service ($10 per month thereafter).
- Web remote access to digital video recorder (DVR), which allows high speed Internet customers to schedule recordings using their AT&T Yahoo!® account. This feature is unique to AT&T among local providers.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver, another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
- Built-in picture-in-picture functionality that allows subscribers to "channel surf" on any television without leaving the program they're watching.
- Specially designed set top boxes, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to video-on-demand, DVR, and other services.
- A premium Spanish-language package featuring novelas, movies, news, sports, children's programming, talk shows and more. New customers can receive the package at no charge for the first two months ($10 per month thereafter).
- A growing video-on-demand library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital broadcast services.
- The ability to search for programs using title or actor's name.
- Three TV receivers — one with a DVR, which allows customers to pause, rewind, replay and record live TV — at no extra charge with most programming packages. (Customers may add more receivers for $5 each per month.)
AT&T plans to continue adding more channels and interactive applications in the future.
Customers can choose from five TV and three Internet packages to customize their entertainment experience. In addition to the popular U300 and U400 packages, AT&T also offers U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T
U-verse TV offers start as low as $44 per month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply).
Now through June 30, qualified new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive free TV service, including HBO® and Cinemax®, for the first two months when they choose the U300 or U400 programming package (other monthly charges apply). Thereafter, customers will continue to receive recurring monthly discounts when they subscribe to a bundle of TV and Internet service. In addition, AT&T will offer new customers professional installation and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Three packages of AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled will be made available to AT&T U-verse customers:
- Elite: Downstream up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Pro: Downstream up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Express: Downstream up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
All high speed Internet packages offered as part of AT&T U-verse include wireless home-networking at no charge, giving users the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information using a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage and powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software.
The deployment of next-generation video services reflects AT&T's strategy to become customers' preferred communications and entertainment provider and to deliver a video solution through its traditional footprint that provides greater value, flexibility and simplicity than competitors' offerings. AT&T U-verse TV represents a critical new service in the company's video portfolio, which includes AT&T HomezoneSM service and AT&T | DISH Network. AT&T U-verse TV also underscores the company's strategy to deliver integrated services to the three screens consumers value most: the PC, the TV, and the wireless phone.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in their area — can visit uverse.att.com.
|FOR MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related News:||Related Media Kits:|
|Related Fact Sheets:||Website Links:|
Note: This AT&T release and other news announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
AT&T Inc. is a premier communications holding company in the United States and around the world, with operating subsidiaries providing services under the AT&T brand. AT&T is the recognized world leader in providing IP-based communications services to businesses and the U.S. leader in providing wireless, high speed Internet access, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising through its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding video entertainment offerings to include such next-generation television services as AT&T U-verseSM TV. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
©2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved. AT&T is a registered trademark of AT&T Knowledge Ventures. Subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. provide products and services under the AT&T brand.
Yahoo!, the Yahoo! Logos, and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. provide products and services under the AT&T brand.
Prices subject to change. Services provided by AT&T Texas are available in limited areas. Residential customers only. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled may not be purchased separately; purchase of AT&T U-verse TV required. Taxes, installation, city video cost recovery fees, and additional fees extra. Equipment rental fees are included as part of monthly recurring charges. Acceptance of Terms of Service required. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet maximum speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and concurrent use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. 2 Months Free TV Offer: Applies to monthly charges for first 2 months of U300 or U400 programming packages only. Video on Demand and Pay Per View charges not discounted. HBO® & Cinemax® 2 Months Free Offer: Requires purchase of U-verse programming package. No credits for cancellation prior to 2 months of service. After promotional period, monthly HBO®/Cinemax® charges apply. HD 2 Months Free Offer: Purchase of U-verse programming package required. Premium HD channels require subscription fees. No credits for cancellation prior to 2 months of service. After promotional period, monthly $10 HD Technology Fee applies. Money-Back Guarantee Offer: Offer for customers ordering TV or TV and Internet who cancel all U-verse services within 60 days from service activation. Money-Back Guarantee includes adjustment of initial installation and up to two month's service charges only. Customer is responsible for Video on Demand, Pay Per View, and non-returned equipment charges. Offers expire 6/30/07. New orders only. Other restrictions apply.
HBO® and Cinemax® are service marks of Home Box Office, Inc.