AT&T Introduces U-verse in Kansas City
High Definition Programming and Other Compelling Features
Make AT&T U-verse TV One of the Most Advanced Video Offerings in the Market
Through June 30, New Customers May Receive
Two Months of Free TV with 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Kansas City, Kansas, March 20, 2007
A new world of communications and entertainment is now available to residents in Kansas City, Kan. AT&T Inc. today announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM services, which utilize AT&T's new fiber-rich network to offer cutting-edge television and high speed Internet services. AT&T U-verse services are initially available to tens of thousands of homes in the Kansas City metropolitan statistical area (MSA), including parts of Kansas City, Leawood, Lenexa, Mission, Mission Hills, Olathe, Overland Park, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, and Shawnee. AT&T will continue to increase availability throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
AT&T is the only national provider to offer a 100 percent Internet Protocol (IP)-based television service, making U-verse TV one of the most robust and feature-rich services available today. AT&T U-verse services are available in parts of 15 markets across six states, with plans to continue expansion into new markets throughout 2007.
AT&T U-verse offers customers a combination of next-generation digital television — including more than 25 High Definition (HD) channels — and high speed Internet access. The award-winning AT&T U-verse TV includes cutting-edge features that are unmatched in the market, while the new U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo!® High Speed Internet builds on AT&T's position as the nation's leading provider of broadband DSL.
"AT&T is proud to bring our Kansas City customers a new, enhanced choice for video service," said Mark Thompson, AT&T vice president and general manager for Kansas City. "We listen to our customers, and we're ready to give them a better entertainment experience, with the value and unique features AT&T U-verse offers."
Beginning today, AT&T U-verse TV will offer Kansas City area residents:
- A compelling variety of TV packages with more than 300 channels, including digital music, local, and premium movie and sports programming.
- More HD programming than the local cable provider. HD technology produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV delivering rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie theater quality sound. AT&T U-verse offers customers access to a lineup of more than 25 HD channels, along with HD digital video recording (DVR) capability. New HD customers can receive two months of free HD service ($10 per month thereafter).
- A growing video-on-demand library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Web remote access to digital video recorder (DVR), which allows high speed Internet customers to schedule recordings using their AT&T Yahoo!® account. This feature is unique to AT&T among local providers.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver, another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
- Built-in picture-in-picture functionality that allows subscribers to "channel surf" on any television without leaving the program they're watching.
- Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
- Specially designed set top boxes, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to video-on-demand, DVR, and other services.
- A premium Spanish-language package featuring novelas, movies, news, sports, children's programming, talk shows and more. New customers can receive the package at no charge for the first two months ($10 per month thereafter).
- The ability to search for programs using title or actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
- Three HD-capable TV receivers — one with a DVR, which allows customers to pause, rewind, replay and record live TV — at no extra charge with most programming packages. (Customers may add more receivers for $5 each per month.)
AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
U-verse TV offers start as low as $44 per month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply).
Now through June 30, qualified new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive free TV service, including HBO® and Cinemax®, for the first two months when they choose the U300 or U400 programming package (other monthly charges apply). Thereafter, customers will continue to receive recurring monthly discounts when they subscribe to a bundle of TV and Internet service. In addition, AT&T will offer new customers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Three packages of AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled will be made available to AT&T U-verse customers:
- Elite: Downstream up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Pro: Downstream up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Express: Downstream up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
The deployment of next-generation video services reflects AT&T's strategy to become customers' preferred communications and entertainment provider and to deliver a video solution through its traditional footprint that provides greater value, flexibility and simplicity than competitors' offerings. AT&T U-verse TV represents a critical new service in the company's video portfolio, which includes AT&T HomezoneSM service and AT&T | DISH Network. AT&T U-verse TV also underscores the company's strategy to deliver integrated services to the three screens consumers value most: the PC, the TV, and the wireless phone.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in their area — can visit uverse.att.com.
|FOR MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related News:||Related Media Kits:|
|Related Fact Sheets:||Website Links:|
Note: This AT&T release and other news announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
AT&T Inc. is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access, and voice services. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding video entertainment offerings to include next-generation television services such as AT&T U-verseSM TV. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
HBO and Cinemax are service marks of Home Box Office, Inc. Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Knowledge Ventures. Subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. provide products and services under the AT&T brand. © 2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved.
Prices and programming subject to change. Services provided by AT&T Kansas and are available in limited areas. Residential customers only. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled may not be purchased separately; purchase of AT&T U-verse TV required. Taxes, installation, city video cost recovery fees, and additional fees extra. Equipment rental fees are included as part of your monthly recurring charges. Separate purchase of adapter may be required for wireless networking. Acceptance of Terms of Service required. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet speed references based on synch rates and maximum speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and concurrent use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. 2 Months Free TV Offer: Discount applies to monthly charges for first 2 months of U300 or U400 programming packages only. Video on Demand and Pay Per View charges not discounted. HBO® & Cinemax® 2 Months Free Offer: Requires purchase of U-verse programming package. After promotional period, monthly HBO®/Cinemax® charges apply. HD 2 Months Free Offer: Subscription to an AT&T U-verse standard definition programming package required. HD channel availability varies based on package/additional channels ordered. After promotional period, then-current HD Technology Fee applies. Money-Back Guarantee Offer: Offer for customers ordering TV or TV and Internet who cancel all U-verse services within 60 days from service activation. Money-Back Guarantee includes adjustment of initial installation and up to two month's service charges only. Customer is responsible for Video on Demand, Pay Per View, and non-returned equipment charges. Paquete Español 2 Months Free Offer: Discount applies to the Paquete Español package only. Customers must subscribe to a U-verse programming package. Offers expire 3/31/07. New orders only. Other restrictions apply.