AT&T Introduces U-verse in San Diego
High Definition Programming and Other Compelling Features
Make AT&T U-verse TV Cooler Than Cable
Through June 30, New Customers May Receive
Two Months of Free TV With 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
San Diego, California, June 4, 2007
A new world of communications and entertainment is now available to residents in San Diego and surrounding areas. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM, which utilizes AT&T's new fiber-rich network to offer cutting-edge television and high speed Internet services. AT&T is the only national provider to offer a 100 percent Internet Protocol (IP)-based television service, making U-verse TV "cooler than cable" and one of the most robust and feature-rich services available today.
AT&T U-verse services are initially available in parts of the San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos metropolitan statistical area (MSA), including San Diego, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Chula Vista and San Diego County. AT&T will continue to increase availability throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
AT&T U-verse offers customers a combination of next-generation digital television — including access to more than 25 High Definition (HD) channels — and high speed Internet access. The award-winning AT&T U-verse TV includes cutting-edge features that are unmatched in the market, while the new U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo!® High Speed Internet builds on AT&T's position as the nation's leading provider of broadband DSL.
"We've gotten an enthusiastic response from California customers in other markets where AT&T U-verse is available, and we're excited to offer U-verse services here in San Diego," said Denise Cunningham, AT&T vice president and general manager for the San Diego area. "With unmatched features, service and value, we think San Diegans will agree that U-verse TV is much cooler than cable."
The expansion of AT&T U-verse services in California follows progressive legislation passed by the California Legislature and signed in September 2006 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. U-verse services are also available to households in the San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Riverside and Ventura County markets.
Beginning today, AT&T U-verse TV will offer San Diego area residents:
- A compelling variety of TV packages with more than 300 channels to choose from, including digital music, local, and premium movie and sports programming.
- More HD programming than the local cable providers. HD technology produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV, delivering rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie-theater-quality sound. AT&T U-verse TV offers customers access to a lineup of more than 25 HD channels, available in both 720p and 1080i formats, along with HD digital video recording (DVR) capability. With select packages, new customers can receive one year of free access to HD programming ($10 a month thereafter).
- Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, which allows U-verse TV and Internet customers to schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible wireless phone using their AT&T Yahoo!® account. These features are unique to AT&T among local video providers.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver, another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture functionality that allows subscribers to "channel surf" on any television without leaving the program they're watching.
- Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
- A growing Video on Demand library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Specially designed set-top boxes, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to Video on Demand, DVR, and other services.
- A premium Spanish-language package featuring novelas, movies, news, sports, children's programming, talk shows and more. New customers can receive the package at no charge for the first two months ($10 a month thereafter).
- The ability to search for programs using title or actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
- Three HD-capable TV receivers — one with a DVR, which allows customers to pause, rewind, replay and record live TV — at no extra charge with most programming packages. (Customers may add more receivers for $5 each a month.)
AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
Customers can choose from five TV and three Internet packages to customize their entertainment experience. In addition to the popular U300 and U400 packages, AT&T also offers U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV offers start as low as $44 a month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply).
Now through June 30, qualified new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive free TV service, including HBO® and Cinemax®, for the first two full months when they choose the U300 or U400 programming package (other monthly charges apply). Thereafter, customers will continue to receive regular recurring monthly discounts on their U-verse package when they subscribe to a bundle of TV and Internet services. Also, AT&T is offering new customers a 60-day money-back guarantee, and customers who order U-verse TV and Internet by phone receive free professional installation.
Three packages of AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled will be made available to AT&T U-verse customers:
- Elite: Downstream up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Pro: Downstream up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Express: Downstream up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
All high speed Internet packages offered as part of AT&T U-verse include wireless home-networking at no additional charge, giving users the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information using a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage and powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software.
The deployment of next-generation video services reflects AT&T's strategy to become customers' preferred communications and entertainment provider and to deliver a video solution through its traditional footprint that provides greater value, flexibility and simplicity than competitors' offerings. AT&T U-verse TV represents a critical new service in the company's video portfolio, which includes AT&T HomezoneSM service and satellite broadcast offerings. AT&T U-verse TV also underscores the company's strategy to deliver integrated services to the three screens that consumers value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in their area — can visit uverse.att.com.
|FOR MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Web Sites Links :|
|Related News :|
This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
AT&T Inc. is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
©2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Knowledge Ventures.
HBO and Cinemax are service marks of Home Box Office, Inc. Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
Prices and programming subject to change. Services provided by AT&T California and are available in limited areas. Residential customers only. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled may not be purchased separately; purchase of AT&T U-verse TV required. Taxes, installation, city video cost recovery fees, and additional fees extra. Equipment rental fees are included as part of your monthly recurring charges. Separate purchase of adapter may be required for wireless networking. Acceptance of Terms of Service required. AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet speed references based on synch rates and maximum speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and concurrent use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. HD 12 Months Free Offer: Subscription to an AT&T U-verse standard definition programming package required. HD channel availability varies based on package/additional channels ordered. After promotional period, then-current HD Technology Fee applies. 2 Months Free TV Offer: Discount applies to monthly charges for first 2 full months of U300 or U400 programming packages only. Video on Demand and Pay Per View charges not discounted. HBO® & Cinemax® 2 Months Free Offer: Requires purchase of U-verse programming package. After promotional period, monthly HBO®/Cinemax® charges apply. Money-Back Guarantee Offer: Offer for customers ordering TV or TV and Internet who cancel all U-verse services within 60 days from service activation. Money-Back Guarantee includes adjustment of initial installation and up to two month's service charges only. Customer is responsible for Video on Demand, Pay Per View, and non-returned equipment charges. Paquete EspaÃ±ol 2 Months Free Offer: Discount applies to the Paquete EspaÃ±ol package only. Customers must subscribe to a U-verse programming package. Free Installation Promotion: Free installation applies to standard installation for customers ordering both TV and Internet by phone. Customers ordering stand-alone TV are billed $95 for installation. All Promotions: New orders only. Other restrictions apply. Offers expire 6/30/07.