AT&T Opens First Bilingual Experience Store in U.S.
New Dallas Store Redefines Meaning of Customer Experience; AT&T Products and Services Brought to Life Under One Roof in a Customer's Preferred Language
Dallas, Texas, January 25, 2008
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today unveiled a new way to shop for and experience an array of communications and entertainment services with the opening of the first AT&T Experience StoreSM in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Located at 9100 N. Central Expressway across from North Park Mall, the store, which is more than 10,300 square feet, features the largest sales floor in the nation. The store is one of many planned conversions of company-owned AT&T stores from wireless-focused spaces to a high-energy retail format that showcases AT&T's complete set of products and services under one roof.
In addition, the Dallas location is the first AT&T Experience Store in the United States to feature a bilingual retail concept, which provides a new way for Hispanic consumers to shop. The new concept is supported with bilingual representatives, collateral and merchandising materials in an open, customer-friendly design.
"The AT&T Experience Store in Dallas completely encompasses what AT&T is all about," said Adam Vital, vice president and general manager of AT&T's wireless unit in North Texas. "All of the communications and entertainment products that consumers want are under one roof. In addition, this store demonstrates AT&T's commitment to providing Hispanic customers with in-language service and greater convenience when shopping at our stores."
The AT&T Experience Store features a fully integrated media experience, which encourages customer interaction with many "experience stations" located throughout the store. The stations offer a hands-on experience with the company's extensive portfolio of wireless, Wi-Fi, broadband, video and traditional landline voice products and services.
In addition, experts are available throughout the store to guide consumers through product trials and purchasing decisions. As part of the bilingual concept, employees are trained to handle the needs of Hispanic customers by using culturally appropriate selling techniques.
- AT&T Entertainment. Customers can watch AT&T U-verseSM TV and AT&T HomezoneSM service demonstrations on three 52-inch High Definition (HD) plasma televisions, test-drive both the Web-based and wireless Remote Access features, experience HD programming and browse an extensive video-on-demand (VOD) catalog.
- AT&T Home Connections. Customers can browse the Internet by using AT&T Wi-FiSM services, customize AT&T Yahoo! home page portals and test AT&T Remote Monitoring on their wireless phones through remote cameras set up in the store.
- Entertainment and Style. Customers can test-drive all of AT&T's music offerings from Napster®, iTunes, eMusic, Music ID, Pandora and XM Satellite Radio on wireless phones, Bluetooth® headphones and Bluetooth external speakers. Customers can also transfer songs via a laptop or mobile phone. For the gamers, AT&T experts show customers how to download games to wireless phones and laptops at this station. And, of course, customers can experience the Apple iPhone at a specially designated area.
- Productivity Solutions. Geared toward road warriors, on-the-go customers and small business owners, this front-of-store station includes wireless phones, PDAs, smartphones and GPS and Bluetooth accessories. Customers can learn how to use e-mail and Microsoft applications on these devices, and they can get the hang of multimedia messaging and photo- and video-sharing capabilities.
- Talk, Text and Browse. Customers can browse the latest GoPhone and Push to Talk devices offered from AT&T, learn about AT&T's extensive wireless service offerings and brush up on the latest text- and video-messaging directions.
"This is a whole new experience for customers, who will be able to touch, feel and test-drive all of AT&T's full suite of services within the store," said Vital. "This is just another way we are demonstrating our commitment to providing customers with innovative integrated services, streamlined customer care and greater convenience when purchasing communications and entertainment products."
Other unique features include video screens located throughout the store. On these screens, visitors can experience a variety of AT&T products and services, including broadband, wireless, voice and video. LCD (liquid crystal display) screens run digital messages informing customers about a variety of lifestyle and product benefits and features. Eight "Guided Selling Kiosks" also provide valuable information to assist customers with selecting the right rate plan and wireless device to fit their needs.
Staffed by 35 employees, the store is one of a select number of AT&T Experience Stores that have been opened across the country, including a second Dallas Experience store that will open at 13710 Dallas Parkway, across from the Dallas Galleria. Grand opening activities for this second Dallas Experience store are scheduled for early February. The store openings are a key initiative in the company's ongoing commitment to integrate its traditional landline and wireless operations and strengthen its position as a complete provider of communications and entertainment services.
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Related Fact Sheets:|
|Related News Releases:||Web Sites:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.