AT&T U-verse Voice Launches in Connecticut
Next-Generation Voice Service Offers Convenient Integrated Wired and Wireless Features, Reliable Call Quality
New Haven, Connecticut, February 12, 2008
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the availability of AT&T U-verseSM Voice in Connecticut, bringing consumers a next-generation digital voice service delivered over the AT&T U-verse Internet Protocol (IP) network. U-verse Voice brings together customers' AT&T wireline and wireless voice, broadband and TV services with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control.
AT&T U-verse Voice completes the company's IP triple play. With U-verse Voice, customers receive a new set of features that highlight the benefits of having advanced video, broadband, wireless and wireline voice services from a single provider.
AT&T U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T's fiber-rich network, unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with customers' AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services.
"Consumers want their services to work together to keep them connected to their world, and AT&T U-verse Voice is another way we're helping consumers do that better than anyone else," said Chad Townes, AT&T vice president and general manager for Connecticut. "Just like U-verse TV has changed the way people watch television, U-verse Voice will change the way people use their home phone."
AT&T U-verse Voice has advanced features that go beyond traditional phone service and many competitors' offerings, including:
- Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
- U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives users the option to easily and conveniently manage their call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to access voice mail and control call preferences from their home phone.
- An online voice mailbox so that customers can listen to, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
- Call History, which enables customers to view their most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view their most recent incoming calls on their AT&T U-verse TV screen.
- Click to Call, which will connect a call to any number in a customer's Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
- An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows customers to Click to Call, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
- Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so that a customer never misses an important incoming call.
- Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans:
- U-verse Voice - Unlimited, which includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $40 a month.
- U-verse Voice - 1000, which includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $30 a month.
A second phone line, which shares the primary line's calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge. Professional installation is included for new AT&T U-verse TV customers.
AT&T wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T UnitySM plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number as part of the nation's largest free calling community without using up any wireless Anytime Minutes.
Note: This AT&T release and other news announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Related Fact Sheets:|
|Related News Releases:||Web Sites:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
AT&T U-verse Voice: Available in limited areas and only with purchase of AT&T U-verse TV. Prices subject to change. Residential customers only. Taxes, fees, and other charges, including Universal Service Fund charge, are extra. Installation charge applies, unless waived as part of promotion. International calls billed at additional per-minute rates; higher rates may apply for calls terminating on mobile phones or other wireless devices. U-verse Voice, including 911 dialing, will not function during a power outage without battery backup power. Non-returned equipment charges will apply if equipment is not returned within required timeframe upon disconnect of services. Service is not portable; will function only in your home. May be incompatible with monitored home alarms and medical monitoring systems. Refer to Learn More pages at http://www.att.com/uverse/voice for more information on 911, battery backup, and home alarms. Acceptance of Terms of Service and 911 Acknowledgement required. Credit and other restrictions apply.
AT&T U-verse Installation Offer: No charge for standard installation for new AT&T U-verse customers who order prior to 05/24/08 and whose order includes AT&T U-verse TV.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.