AT&T U-verse Arrives in West Michigan
West Michigan Customers Can Now Enjoy Next-Generation Integrated TV, Internet, Wireless and Voice Services — All on One Bill
Grand Rapids, Michigan, April 21, 2008
West Michigan-area residents now have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of the company's integrated suite of AT&T U-verseSM services, including AT&T U-verse TV, U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet and AT&T U-verse Voice.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband, home phone and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse services are all delivered over AT&T's advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
Customers can currently order AT&T U-verse services in parts of more than 40 local communities, including Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo and others. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
"We are thrilled to be able to provide more customers with real choice in television services," said Gail Torreano, president of AT&T Michigan. "The Michigan Legislature led the way by passing video reform legislation in 2006, and we are proud to follow through on our commitment to bring investment and high-tech jobs along with new and innovative products to Michigan consumers."
A Better Television Choice With AT&T U-verse TV
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don't get from other providers and access to more than 40 High Definition (HD) channels.
"West Michigan is the first market where the full triple-play of AT&T U-verse TV, Internet and Voice services is available to consumers on the very first day of our launch," said Robert Nixon, AT&T general manager for Michigan. "AT&T U-verse is going to be a game-changer for West Michigan. Not only are customers getting a new choice to break away from cable, they're getting more from their services."
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
- An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
- More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 40 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
- The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or one HD and three standard definition programs) — another feature exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
- AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which lets you simply and conveniently browse through the photos you've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
- AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
- YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
- AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you're watching.
- A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
- Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD-capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV, Internet and Voice packages to customize your experience.
U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T
U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation of all U-verse services is included for new U-verse TV customers. Customers who order a qualifying programming package by phone through May 24, 2008, are eligible to choose a free month of the U200, U300 or U400 package or a $50 cash-back redemption by gift check ($100 if both TV and Internet are ordered). Customers who order qualifying TV and Internet packages online will receive both a free month of the TV package and a $100 cash-back redemption. Additional cash-back offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle AT&T U-verse Voice.
AT&T is introducing U-verse services in Michigan thanks to legislation sponsored by state Rep. Mike Nofs and supported by former Senate Majority Leader Ken Sikkema, state Sen. Wayne Kuipers and state Rep. Jack Hoogendyk. The Public Act 480 of 2006, which went into effect last year, provides an environment that encourages new video providers, such as AT&T, to invest in Michigan to compete against incumbent cable providers.
Quad-Play Integration With AT&T U-verse Voice
U-verse Voice is a next-generation digital voice service that brings more control and functionality to your home phone. Unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet, U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T's fiber-rich network. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T
U-verse TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services, including:
- Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
- U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives you the option to easily and conveniently manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
- An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
- Call History, which enables you to view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
- Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
- An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
- Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so that you never miss an important incoming call.
- Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans. U-verse Voice Unlimited includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $40 a month, and U-verse Voice 1000 includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $30 a month. A second phone line, which shares the primary line's calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge.
AT&T's wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T UnitySM plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number from their mobile phone as part of the nation's largest free calling community without using any wireless Anytime Minutes.
Online Surfing With AT&T High Speed Internet
U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every broadband user, including four package options:
- Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
- Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet packages include wireless home-networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 10,000 AT&T Wi-FiSM hot spots.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company's 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out whether it's available in your area — visit http://uverse.att.com, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit one of the following AT&T retail locations:
- 3720 Alpine Ave. NW, Comstock Park, 616-784-2804
- 5775 Beckley Road, Suite 603 (Lakeview Mall), Battle Creek, 269-979-4200
- 3435 West Shore Drive, Holland, 616-786-2200
- 5880 S Westnedge Ave., Portage, 269-385-3272
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Related Fact Sheets:|
|Related News Releases:||Web Sites:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
AT&T High Speed Internet provided by AT&T Internet Services with customized content, services, and applications from Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
IMPORTANT OFFER INFORMATION: All promotional offers expire 5/24/08. Service not available in all areas; Residential customers only; Prices, programming, and offers subject to change without notice; High speed Internet speed references based on synch rates; Actual speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and use of other U-verse services; Credit and other restrictions apply; Channel counts include optional channels available in plan; Wireless networking may require adapter purchased separately; Fiber-optics apply to part or all of the network depending on your location. Other Charges: Taxes, video cost recovery fees, and other fees extra; Equipment rental fees included in monthly service charges. Installation Offer: Offer ends 5/24/08. No charge for standard professional installation for new AT&T U-verse customers ordering U-verse TV. Free Mo. of Service or $50 Cash Back: Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher TV plan. Free Month of Service applied as bill credit for 1 mo. std. monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. $50 Cash Back redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check sent to customers 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing. Offer ends 5/24/08. $100 Cash Back: Offer ends 5/24/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher TV plan and U-verse enabled Internet service (Express or higher). Redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check mailed 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing. Free Mo. of Service & $100 Cash Back: Online Orders Only. Offer ends 5/24/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher with AT&T High Speed Internet U-verse enabled plans. Credit for 1 mo. std. monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. Redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check sent to customers 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing.
AT&T U-verse Voice: Available in limited areas and only with purchase of AT&T U-verse TV. Prices subject to change. Residential customers only. Taxes, fees, and other charges, including Universal Service Fund charge, are extra. Installation charge applies, unless waived as part of promotion. International calls billed at additional per-minute rates; higher rates may apply for calls terminating on mobile phones or other wireless devices. U-verse Voice, including 911 dialing, will not function during a power outage without battery backup power. Non-returned equipment charges will apply if equipment is not returned within required timeframe upon disconnect of services. Service is not portable; will function only in your home. May be incompatible with monitored home alarms and medical monitoring systems. Refer to Learn More pages for U-verse Voice at http://www.uverse.att.com for more information on 911, battery backup, and home alarms. Acceptance of Terms of Service and 911 Acknowledgement required. Credit and other restrictions apply. U-verse Voice 1000: Minutes over 1000 are 7¢/min.; minutes are rounded up. U-verse Voice 1000, $50 Cash Back: Available to residential customers who switch from their current local phone service to AT&T U-verse Voice 1000 and purchase AT&T U-verse TV. Offer excludes current AT&T voice customers migrating to AT&T U-verse Voice. A redemption letter with online and phone redemption instructions will be mailed after service activation. Customer must redeem online or by phone within 30 days of receipt of letter. Customer must be new customer for both services, must retain both services a minimum of 30 days, and must have both services at time of redemption. Check will be sent within 4-6 weeks following redemption. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Cash-back offer may not be combined with other AT&T promotional offers on the same services. Offer ends 10/31/08. U-verse Voice Unlimited, $100 Cash Back: Available to residential customers who switch from their current local phone service to AT&T U-verse Voice Unlimited and purchase U-verse TV. Offer excludes current AT&T voice customers migrating to AT&T U-verse Voice. A redemption letter with online and phone redemption instructions will be mailed after service activation. Customer must redeem online or by phone within 30 days of receipt of letter. Customer must be new customer for both services, must retain both services a minimum of 30 days, and must have both services at time of redemption. Check will be sent within 4-6 weeks following redemption. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Cash-back offer may not be combined with other AT&T promotional offers on the same services. Offer ends 10/31/08.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.