AT&T U-verse Expands in Atlanta
Southeastern Consumers Benefit From Advanced Technology, Compelling Features and Video Choice
Atlanta, Georgia, April 29, 2008
More Atlanta-area residents now have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the expanded availability of AT&T U-verseSM TV and U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet in parts of local Atlanta communities. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse services are all delivered over AT&T's advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
"AT&T has made a commitment to help customers in the Southeast benefit from faster and wider delivery of innovative new services like AT&T U-verse," said Sylvia Anderson, AT&T Georgia president. "Our customers will reap the rewards when they experience AT&T U-verse TV. We look forward to expanding U-verse services and video choice to more customers in the Southeast."
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don't get from other providers and with access to more than 40 High Definition (HD) channels.
"We're excited that our Atlanta customers will be the first in the Southeast to know why we say U-verse TV is cooler than cable," said Rob Bentley, AT&T vice president and general manager for the Southeast region. "We're bringing them unmatched features, an extensive HD channel lineup, more control over their services and a great value."
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
- An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
- More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 40 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
- The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or one HD and three standard definition programs) — another feature exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
- AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which lets you simply and conveniently browse the photos you've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
- AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
- YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
- AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you're watching.
- A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
- Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD-capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV and Internet packages to customize your experience. U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation of all U-verse services is included for new U-verse TV customers. Customers who order a qualifying programming package by phone through May 24, 2008, are eligible to choose a free month of the U200, U300 or U400 package or a $50 cash-back redemption by gift check ($100 if both TV and Internet are ordered). Customers who order qualifying TV and Internet packages online will receive both a free month of the TV package and a $100 cash-back redemption.
U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer broadband user, including four package options:
- Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
- Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All U-verse enabled AT&T High Speed Internet packages include wireless home networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 10,000 AT&T Wi-FiSM hot spots.
In 2007, the Consumer Choice for Television Act was sponsored by Representative Jeff Lewis and carried in the Senate by Senator David Shafer, and it was passed overwhelmingly by the Georgia General Assembly and signed by Governor Perdue.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company's 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value the most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out whether it's available in your area —visit http://uverse.att.com, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit one of the following AT&T retail locations:
- 3429 Lenox Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30326
- 136 Perimeter Center West, Atlanta, Georgia 30346
- 3380 Buford Drive, Suite F340, Buford, Georgia 30519
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Related Fact Sheets:|
|Related News Releases:||Web Sites:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
AT&T High Speed Internet provided by AT&T Internet Services with customized content, services, and applications from Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
IMPORTANT OFFER INFORMATION: All promotional offers expire 5/24/08. Service not available in all areas; Residential customers only; Prices, programming, and offers subject to change without notice; The identified "up to" speeds are maximum downstream rates for Internet access service which may vary and are not guaranteed; Actual speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and use of other U-verse services; Credit and other restrictions apply; Channel counts include optional channels available in plan; Wireless networking may require adapter purchased separately; Fiber-optics apply to part or all of the network depending on your location. Other Charges: Taxes, video cost recovery fees, and other fees extra; Equipment rental fees included in monthly service charges. Installation Offer: Offer ends 5/24/08. No charge for standard professional installation for new AT&T U-verse customers ordering U-verse TV. Free Mo. of Service or $50 Cash Back: Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher TV plan. Free Month of Service applied as bill credit for 1 mo. std. monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. $50 Cash Back redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check sent to customers 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing. Offer ends 5/24/08. $100 Cash Back: Offer ends 5/24/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher TV plan and U-verse enabled Internet service (Express or higher). Redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check mailed 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing. Free Mo. of Service & $100 Cash Back: Online Orders Only. Offer ends 5/24/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher with AT&T High Speed Internet U-verse enabled plans. Credit for 1 mo. std. monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. Redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Check sent to customers 4-6 weeks after receipt of coupon. Checks expire 60 days from issue date. Qualifying services must be active & in good standing at time of redemption processing.