AT&T U-verse Arrives in Miami Valley
Miami Valley Customers Can Now Enjoy Next-Generation Integrated TV, Internet, Wireless and Voice Services — All on One Bill
Dayton, Ohio, July 14, 2008
Miami Valley residents now have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of the company's integrated suite of AT&T U-verseSM services, including AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet and AT&T U-verse Voice.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband, home phone and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse TV, High Speed Internet and Voice services are all delivered over AT&T's advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
Customers can currently order AT&T U-verse services in parts of more than 20 local communities, including Beavercreek, Butler Township, Centerville, Clayton, Dayton, Fairborn, Huber Heights, Kettering, Mad River Township, Miami Township, Miamisburg, Moraine, Northridge, Oakwood, Riverside, Springfield, Springfield Township, Vandalia, Washington Township, West Carrollton and Woodbourne-Hyde Park. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
"With the launch of AT&T U-verse TV, Miami Valley customers are finally getting a better choice to break free from cable," said Amanda Harris, AT&T general manager for Ohio. "And we're taking it even further by making your services work together and offering cool features you can't get anywhere else."
A Better Television Choice With AT&T U-verse TV
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don't get from other providers and access to more than 40 High Definition (HD) channels.
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
- An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD-capable digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
- A Spanish-language package, Paquete Español, which features novelas, movies, news, sports, children's programming, talk shows and more, for $10 a month.
- More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 40 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
- The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or two HD and two standard definition programs) — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
- AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to simply and conveniently browse the photos you've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
- AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
- YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
- AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you're watching.
- Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
- A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
- Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live or recorded programs or on-demand videos by specific channel or ratings.
- Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD-capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV, Internet and Voice packages to customize your experience. U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Customers who order a qualifying programming package by phone through Sept. 20, 2008, are eligible to choose a free month of the U200, U300 or U400 package or a $50 cash-back redemption by gift check. Customers who order a qualifying TV package online will receive a free month of the TV package. Additional cash-back offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle Internet or AT&T U-verse Voice service.
AT&T is introducing U-verse services in Ohio thanks to legislation sponsored by Ohio Sen. Jeff Jacobson, R-Dayton. Ohio Am. Sub. Senate Bill 117 signed last year by Gov. Ted Strickland provides an environment that encourages new video providers, such as AT&T, to invest in Ohio to compete against incumbent cable providers.
"We are thrilled to offer a new choice in home entertainment and cutting-edge technology to consumers in the Miami Valley," said Tom Pelto, president of AT&T Ohio. "Governor Strickland and the Ohio General Assembly should be applauded for providing the leadership that is placing Ohio on the leading edge of telecom policy reform, resulting in investment, competition and the deployment of new technologies."
Quad-Play Integration With AT&T U-verse Voice
U-verse Voice is a next-generation digital voice service that brings more control and functionality to your home phone. Unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet, U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T's fiber-rich network. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services, including:
- Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
- U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives you the option to easily and conveniently manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
- An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
- Call History, which enables you to view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
- Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
- An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
- Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so you never miss an important incoming call.
- Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans. U-verse Voice Unlimited includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $40 a month, and U-verse Voice 1000 includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $30 a month. A second phone line, which shares the primary line's calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge.
AT&T's wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T UnitySM plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number from their mobile phone as part of the nation's largest free calling community without using any wireless Anytime Minutes.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet for Consumers and Small Businesses
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer or small business broadband user, including four package options:
- Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
- Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet packages include wireless home or office networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, receive and send large data files, view streaming video and access other high-bandwidth applications from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 17,000 hot spot locations.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company's 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in your area —visit http://uverse.att.com, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit one of the following AT&T retail locations:
- AT&T, 1636 N. Bechtle Ave., Springfield
- AT&T, 199 E. Alex Bell Road, Suite 418, Centerville
- AT&T, 4467 Walnut St., Dayton
- AT&T, 2727 Fairfield Commons, Beavercreek
- Communications Connection, 1475 Upper Valley Pike, Springfield
- Ludlow Wireless, 310 S. Jefferson, Dayton
- Ludlow Wireless, 8245 Old Troy Pike, Huber Heights
- Ludlow Wireless, 2781 Centre Drive, Suite B, Fairborn
- Ludlow Wireless, 110 Hospitality Drive, Suite A, Xenia
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Related Media Kits:||Related Fact Sheets:|
|Related News Releases:||Web Sites:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. In 2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 on Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired Telecommunications Company list and No. 1 on America's Most Admired Telecommunications Company list. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
IMPORTANT OFFER INFORMATION: All promotional offers expire 9/20/08. Geographic restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.uverse.att.com to see if you qualify. Residential customers only; Prices, programming, and offers subject to change without notice; AT&T High Speed Internet refers to U-verse enabled product; The identified "up to" speeds are maximum downstream rates for Internet access service which may vary and are not guaranteed; Actual speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and use of other U-verse services; Credit and other restrictions apply; Channel counts include optional channels available in plan; Wireless networking may require adapter purchased separately; Fiber-optics apply to part or all of the network depending on your location. Other Charges: Taxes, video cost recovery fees, and other fees extra; Equipment rental fees included in monthly service charges. Installation Offer: Offer ends 9/20/08. No charge for standard professional installation for new AT&T U-verse customers ordering U-verse TV. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee Offer: Offer ends 9/20/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse service may cancel all AT&T U-verse services within 30 days from service activation; Money-Back Guarantee includes adjustment only of initial installation charges and one month service charges, if paid; Customer is responsible for all additional charges including but not limited to Video on Demand, Pay Per View, international calls and other pay-per-use charges, and non-returned equipment charges. Free Month of Service or $50 Cash Back: Offer ends 9/20/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher TV plan. Free Month of Service applied as bill credit for 1 month standard monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. $50 Cash Back redemption details provided to customer 30 days after activation. Cash back redemption requires customer to retain qualifying service a minimum of 30 days and at time processing of reward is completed. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Check sent to customers 4-6 weeks following redemption of reward to eligible customers. Free Month of Service Online Orders Only. Offer ends 9/20/08. Residential customers ordering new U-verse 200 or higher. Free months of Service applied as bill credit for 1 month standard monthly charge for qualifying TV plan only. Video On Demand (VOD) Pay Per View, and other charges not included. U-verse service is only available in limited areas. HD Service. HD channel availability varies by package selected and an HDTV required.
AT&T U-verse Voice: Available in limited areas and only with purchase of AT&T U-verse TV. Prices subject to change. Residential customers only. Taxes, fees, and other charges, including Universal Service Fund charge, are extra. International calls billed at additional per-minute rates; higher rates may apply for calls terminating on mobile phones or other wireless devices. U-verse Voice, including 911 dialing, will not function during a power outage without battery backup power. Non-returned equipment charges will apply if equipment is not returned within required timeframe upon disconnect of services. Service is not portable; will function only in your home. May be incompatible with monitored home alarms and medical monitoring systems. Refer to Learn More pages for U-verse Voice at http://www.uverse.att.com for more information on 911, battery backup, and home alarms. Acceptance of Terms of Service and 911 Acknowledgement required. Credit and other restrictions apply. U-verse Voice 1000: Minutes over 1000 are 7¢/min.; minutes are rounded up. U-verse Voice 1000, $50 Cash Back: Available to residential customers who switch from their current local phone service to AT&T U-verse Voice 1000 and purchase AT&T U-verse TV. Offer excludes current AT&T voice customers migrating to AT&T U-verse Voice. A redemption letter with online and phone redemption instructions will be mailed after service activation. Customer must redeem online or by phone within 30 days of receipt of letter. Customer must be new customer for both services, must retain both services a minimum of 30 days, and must have both services at time of redemption. Check will be sent within 4-6 weeks following redemption. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Cash-back offer may not be combined with other AT&T promotional offers on the same services. Offer ends 10/31/08. U-verse Voice Unlimited, $100 Cash Back: Available to residential customers who switch from their current local phone service to AT&T U-verse Voice Unlimited and purchase U-verse TV. Offer excludes current AT&T voice customers migrating to AT&T U-verse Voice. A redemption letter with online and phone redemption instructions will be mailed after service activation. Customer must redeem online or by phone within 30 days of receipt of letter. Customer must be new customer for both services, must retain both services a minimum of 30 days, and must have both services at time of redemption. Check will be sent within 4-6 weeks following redemption. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Cash-back offer may not be combined with other AT&T promotional offers on the same services. Offer ends 10/31/08.