AT&T U-verse TV Service Arrives in Raleigh
Raleigh Customers Get New TV Choice That Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power and Associates Study
Raleigh, North Carolina, December 15, 2008
Raleigh-area residents have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM TV and AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet in the area.
AT&T U-verse TV and High Speed Internet services, which are delivered over AT&T's advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network, offer a new alternative to cable and an unmatched experience for customers. AT&T U-verse TV ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the South Region," according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM.
"Cable has been the only game in town for too long," said Bob Sellman, general manager, Home Solutions, for AT&T in the Carolinas. "We know Raleigh customers want a better choice to break free from cable, and AT&T U-verse TV is the answer. We're offering an extensive channel lineup, unmatched features and the latest technology, all at a competitive price and great value. It's all about delivering a better TV service through an enhanced and convenient customer experience."
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don't get from other providers. AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control.
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
- An attractive selection of TV packages with 100 percent digital programming. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 350 channels, including U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. All packages include HD-ready equipment, and most packages include an HD-ready digital video recorder (DVR).
- A Spanish-language package, Paquete Español, which features novelas, movies, news, sports, children's programming, talk shows and more, for $10 a month.
- AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR, which gives you the freedom to watch recorded Standard Definition (SD) and HD programs from a single DVR on any connected TV in the home. You can also pause a recorded show and pick up where you left off in another room, and play back multiple recorded shows at once. Total Home DVR was recognized by the 2008 TelcoTV Vision Awards in the service provider innovation category.
- More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 85 HD channels. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
- The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo!® Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four SD programs or two HD and two SD programs) — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV. You can store up to 37 hours of HD content or up to 133 hours of SD content, which is more storage than most cable providers' DVRs.
- AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to conveniently browse the photos you've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
- AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, which allows you to track the progress of your fantasy team — including current team matchups and league standings — directly from your TV screen through the AT&T U-bar.
- YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
- AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you're watching.
- Fast channel changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
- A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events, including HD VOD titles.
- Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor's name.
- Easy-to-use parental controls to block live or recorded programs or on-demand videos by specific channel or ratings.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV and Internet packages to customize your experience. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. New customers can receive $200 cash-back when they order a qualifying TV package online. Additional promotional offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle Internet service.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer broadband user, including five package options:
- Max 18: Downstream speeds up to 18.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
- Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
- Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
- Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet packages include wireless home networking at no extra cost, and access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 17,000 hot spot locations.
"Today's launch of AT&T U-verse represents the fulfillment of our commitment to bring consumers in the Triangle region a new era of true video competition," said Cynthia Marshall, President — AT&T North Carolina. "As we celebrate, I want to remember in particular the contributions of Governor Mike Easley, of the sponsors — Representatives Becky Carney, Paul Luebke, Danny McComas, and William Wainwright — and of Senator Dan Clodfelter. Their leadership made today possible. North Carolina consumers have asked for choices in their video services and today AT&T is delivering."
In 2006, the North Carolina General Assembly overwhelmingly passed the Video Service Competition Act which encouraged investment and competition by streamlining the process for entering the video marketplace. It was subsequently signed by Governor Easley.
"HB2047 was based on the belief that eliminating barriers to competition ultimately brings choices to consumers and investment to the state," said Representative Becky Carney (D-Charlotte). "AT&T's entry into the video market as a technologically-advanced new competitor is exactly the sort of consumer benefit which my colleagues and I had anticipated and which our communities have been anxious to see."
AT&T's U-verse deployment is rapidly introducing competitive choice and next-generation services to more consumers. AT&T U-verse customers enjoy quadruple-play integration, enhanced features and greater value, all made possible by IP technology.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it's available in your area — visit http://uverse.att.com, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit one of the following AT&T retail locations:
- 4120 Main at North Hills St., Suite 130 in Raleigh
- 1704 E. Franklin St., Suite B in Chapel Hill
- 2344 Walnut St. in Cary
|FIND MORE INFORMATION ONLINE|
|Web Sites:||Related Media Kits:|
|Related News Releases:||Related Fact Sheets:|
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. In 2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 on Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired Telecommunications Company list and No. 1 on America's Most Admired Telecommunications Company list. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.