AT&T Brings AT&T Navigator Application to Apple App Store
iPhone Customers Benefit from Turn-by-Turn, Voice-Guided GPS Navigation with AT&T Navigator, Powered by TeleNav
Dallas, Texas, June 23, 2009
You have arrived at your destination. For the first time, millions of iPhone customers can now experience one of the most popular turn-by-turn GPS navigation applications. AT&T* (NYSE:T) today announced the availability of its award-winning location based services app – AT&T Navigator — on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Using the latest iPhone OS 3.0 software, the app brings full audible and visual turn-by-turn navigation service over the nation’s fastest 3G network.
Loaded with enhanced functionality and capabilities, AT&T Navigator provides a rich lineup of user-friendly features, including: map updates, speech recognition, ETA updates, more than 10 million business listings, real-time traffic alerts, one-touch rerouting, daily gas prices and more.
“AT&T Navigator has been one of our most popular and best-performing apps since we launched it last year,” said Mark Collins, vice president of voice and data products for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “With the new iPhone OS 3.0 software, we’re expanding the advantages of true turn-by-turn navigation – both voice and on-screen directions – to millions more customers. We’re bringing greater convenience to drivers and travelers nationwide, including providing regular, automatic updates to map information at no charge so customers have the latest at their fingertips.”
Perfect for Parent and Professional.
Gone are the days when business travelers are dependent on built-in car GPS devices. Same goes for parents managing caravans and car pools to overnight soccer tournaments. Built to accommodate road warriors of all kinds, AT&T Navigator maximizes the customer experience to provide:
- Automatic Content Updates: No manual updates required. The latest map and navigating details are automatically available to subscribers at no extra cost.
- Voice and On-Screen Turn-By-Turn Directions: Real-time voice and visual guidance, including street names, automatic re-routes, ETA and total mileage updates. Drivers can also choose among multiple route options, including ‘traffic optimized’; ‘fastest’; ‘prefer streets’; ‘prefer highways’ and ‘pedestrian mode’ to ensure the most customized navigation experience.
- Speech Recognition: Touch and talk capability for instant turn-by-turn directions to destination.
- Traffic Alerts: Real-time route monitoring and proactive searches every five minutes for traffic congestion or incident. Voice and on-screen alerts, plus faster route options provided.
- 3D Maps: Full-color 3D moving map brings navigation to life. Maps provide details on current location, plus streets and interstates within driving distance.
- Business Listings: One-touch access to more than 10 million business listings from YELLOWPAGES.COM. Plus, access to business ratings, phone numbers and one-touch dialing.
- In-Route Customization: Users have the advantage of finding convenient rest stops for gas, food and other needs along their current route – saving both time and mileage.
- Online Trip Planning: Preplan trips, save addresses and manage travel accounts online at www.navpreplan.com. Save locations and send directions straight to iPhone.
AT&T Navigator was recently recognized by global growth and consulting company Frost & Sullivan as the 2009 Consumer Location-Based Service Navigation Application of the Year because of its aggregation of a premier list features into one intuitive application.
The app is available for $9.99 a month from Apple’s App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
As with AT&T Navigator subscriptions on other devices, the app will be billed directly by AT&T and included on the customer's monthly statement. AT&T Navigator works within the United States. Customers can download the app through Apple's App Store under the "GPS and Navigation" category. AT&T Navigator on iPhone requires iPhone OS 3.0 software.
Additional information, including other devices programmed for AT&T Navigator, is available at www.att.com/navigator.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2009 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved.AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.