AT&T Announces Judges for Big Mobile on Campus Challenge
Panel of Judges for Annual Mobile Applications Contest Composed of Higher Education and Mobility Industry Veterans
Dallas, Texas, July 28, 2009
AT&T* announced today the panel of judges for its 2009 Big Mobile on Campus (BMOC) challenge, an annual contest that recognizes innovative mobile applications that enhance academic performance, build campus community and help to improve campus operations. This year’s judges have been selected based on their extensive experience in higher education and knowledge of current and emerging technologies specifically related to the wireless industry.
The AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge is open to all full-time students and full- or part-time staff at higher education institutions, accredited or degree-issuing colleges or universities in the continental United States. Entrants must be 18 years old or older at the time of entry and legal residents of the continental U.S. Individual and team entries of no more than four (4) persons will be accepted.
The judges for the 2009 AT&T Big Mobile On Campus Challenge are:
- David Binko - Binko is a Principal and Group Leader for the Harvard Group, a consulting organization focused on the facilitation of external advisory groups and experiential learning programs for prominent high technology enterprises.
- John Fontaine – Fontaine is Senior Director of Technology Evangelism for Blackboard Inc. and frequently works with universities to improve student and faculty interactions with the Blackboard education technologies.
- Chris Hill - Hill is Vice President, Mobility Product Management, AT&T Business Solutions (ABS). His organization manages the mobility product development for ABS, including such areas as machine to machine (M2M), fixed mobile convergence offers (FMC), small business solutions, and international managed services.
- Abhi Ingle – Ingle is Vice President, Industry & Mobility Application Solutions, AT&T ABS. He is dedicated to helping corporations and government agencies wirelessly enable their business applications.
- Thomas Molina - Molina is AT&T Industry Solutions Practice Director of Education. With more than 27 years of experience in education, he specializes in the use of current and evolving technology to enhance learning, education finance, school operations and leadership development.
- Reed Pangborn - Pangborn is Sales Center Vice President for Colleges & Universities, AT&T Mobility. He brings over seventeen years of experience in the wireless industry with a focus on technical sales, project management, and sales leadership within the Government and Higher Education segments.
- Chris Roy – Roy is Vice President of AT&T’s Government/Education-West. His experience includes leading a government and education sales organization responsible for delivering a full range of data, voice, networking and mobility solutions. Prior to Chris’ current role he had responsibilities in Business Operations for Small Business Marketing.
- Ted Woodberry - Woodberry is the VP of Wireless Data, Voice & Ancillary Services for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. In this capacity, Woodbery has responsibility for the creation and go-to-market delivery of wireless data and voice-driven products for the consumer market segment.
“We are honored to have such a distinguished group of industry luminaries on the panel of judges for our Big Mobile on Campus Challenge this year. The judges bring in more than a century of combined experience in higher education and telecommunications,” said Chris Hill, Vice President, Mobility Product Management, AT&T Business Solutions. “The goal of the challenge is to encourage innovation. We will be looking for the next, cutting edge mobile application that improves and enhances productivity, both in and out of the classroom. We are pleased to provide a platform that brings together industry veterans and the creators of tomorrow.”
The grand prize winner(s) for the AT&T Big Mobile on Campus Challenge will be announced in October to receive one $10,000 scholarship — given to an individual or divided among the team members who developed the application, a trip to the EduCause Annual Conference November 3-6, 2009 in Denver, Colorado where the winner (s) will have the opportunity to demonstrate the winning application in the AT&T booth during the convention, and a mobile device of choice for each entrant. The two runners-up — either as an individual or team — will receive a $5,000 scholarship and mobile device of choice for each entrant.
The contest opened April 1, 2009 and the deadline for all submissions has been extended to October 15, 2009. No purchase is necessary. Contest rules, application forms, and further details on the Big Mobile on Campus Challenge can be found at www.att.com/higherEDcontest.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services, the nation’s fastest 3G network and the best wireless coverage worldwide, and the nation's leading high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of their three-screen integration strategy, AT&T operating companies are expanding their TV entertainment offerings. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2009 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services.