AT&T U-verse TV Ranks Highest in J.D. Power and Associates Study in South and West Regions for Second Year in a Row
Dallas, Texas, October 7, 2009
AT&T U-verseSM TV again ranks highest in customer satisfaction among customers in the South and West regions, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM. For the second year in a row, customers have rated AT&T* highest in overall satisfaction in a study that looked at performance and reliability, customer service, cost of service, billing, and offerings and promotions.
The annual study measured customer satisfaction with residential TV providers, including Internet Protocol (IP) TV, cable and satellite services. In all, 28,118 video customers in the U.S. participated in the study.
In the three regions where it was ranked, AT&T U-verse outscored all competitors in the South (13) and West (10) regions and ranked second in the North Central (12) region. AT&T U-verse was not ranked in the East region. On JDPower.com, AT&T U-verse TV received 5 Power Circle Ratings – which equates to “among the best” – in overall satisfaction in each of the three regions in which it is ranked.
“AT&T U-verse TV keeps getting better and better with new interactive apps, more content and added value, all enabled by our state-of-the-art IPTV platform,” said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “We knew when we launched U-verse TV that people wanted — and deserved — a new choice for TV service, and today’s J.D. Power and Associates ranking underscores the high customer satisfaction in the TV experience we’re delivering to U-verse customers.”
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider, making AT&T U-verse one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today. The latest rankings follow several features and enhancements that have been rolled out to U-verse TV customers at no extra cost over the past year, including:
- U-verse TV Multiview, a new app that lets you watch up to four channels at once on your TV screen.
- Total Home DVR, which gives you the freedom to watch and manage recordings from a single DVR on any connected TV in the house. With U-verse TV’s advanced Total Home DVR, you can also record up to four programs at once and schedule recordings on-the-go from any web-connected PC or wireless phone.
- Media Share, which lets you stream your personal photos and music files located on your home computers to any connected TV in the home.
- Regular additions to the U-verse High Definition (HD) channel lineup, which now offers access to more than 110 HD channels — more than the local cable providers.
- TV Awards and New Shows, a new app that helps you stay on top of this season’s award shows and season premieres.
- Weather On Demand, an app that gives you instant access to check the current weather conditions and detailed forecasts in any U.S. city.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, an app to help you manage your fantasy teams from your U-verse TV screen through the AT&T U-bar. AT&T U-bar allows you to get easy access to personalized sports, weather, stock and traffic information on your TV screen, without interrupting your current program.
- College Basketball from Yahoo! Sports, which gives basketball fans the ability to view tournament brackets, their personalized completed bracket, game summaries and box scores, and more through the AT&T U-bar.
- Continued enhancements to the U-verse Web and Mobile Remote Access applications to deliver more functionality and a new user interface.
The availability and adoption of U-verse TV continues to grow. As of the end of the second quarter, AT&T U-verse TV had approximately 1.6 million customers nationwide. AT&T U-verse services are available in 105 markets across 21 states, with AT&T’s advanced fiber network passing more than 19 million living units.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit http://uverse.att.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
About J.D. Power and Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, training and customer satisfaction. The firm’s quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on cell phone ratings, car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance and more, please visit JDPower.com J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
© 2009 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services.