AT&T Rolls Out More Free TV Apps to U-verse Customers
New "Offers on Demand" and "Caller ID on TV" Apps Bring U-verse TV Apps List to 20
Dallas, Texas, November 17, 2009
AT&T* today announced the launch of two new TV apps for AT&T U-verseSM customers: Offers On Demand, an app that lets you redeem a coupon code on-screen for discounts on movie rentals; and Caller ID on TV, an app that lets you view your U-verse Voice Caller ID and voicemail notifications on your U-verse TV screen.
With the addition of these apps, U-verse TV has made 20 TV apps available to customers at no extra charge since its initial launch, with 12 of those apps added this year alone.
“These apps make U-verse services even more useful and interactive for our customers, and that’s exactly what every app should do,” said Jeff Weber, vice president of video services for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “This has been a big year for U-verse TV applications. We’re delivering apps that not only enhance what you can do on your TV screen, but add value across your entire U-verse experience.”
Offers On Demand lets U-verse TV customers easily redeem coupons from their TV for discounted movie rentals. After entering the coupon code on channel 199, you can instantly redeem the coupon to select and watch a movie. The app will also save a list of your available coupons and their expiration dates if you want to return and watch the movie later.
U-verse TV customers can find Offers On Demand coupon codes on channel 200, at http://uconnect.att.com and in the monthly U-guide magazine. U-verse TV and AT&T wireless customers can also opt in for Offers On Demand coupon codes via U-verse Mobile Alerts by texting “On Demand” to 9696. Offers On Demand is now available to all U-verse TV customers at no extra charge and the first coupon code will be available on Nov. 23.
Caller ID on TV lets customers view their U-verse Voice Caller ID and voicemail notifications on their U-verse TV screen. Without interrupting your program, a small message will appear on your TV screen for six seconds when a new call comes in or when you receive a voicemail message.
The app is now available to all U-verse TV and Voice customers in Austin at no extra charge, and will be rolling out on a market-by-market basis to all U-verse markets. Customers already enjoy apps that integrate their U-verse TV and U-verse Voice services, including the ability to view a log of recent incoming calls on your TV screen with Call History and the ability to initiate a call from your TV with Click to Call. ESPN FULL COURT Multiview is now available for all U-verse TV ESPN FULL COURT package subscribers. The app lets basketball fans view four channels of ESPN college basketball coverage at one time on channels 4500 and 621. U-verse TV customers can order the ESPN FULL COURT package for an Early Bird Special of $105 online at http://uverse.att.com through Nov. 28.
These upgrades are just the latest examples of AT&T U-verse apps that are included in every package and bring more value to customers. In 2009 alone, AT&T has launched 12 TV apps, including:
- U-verse TV Multiview, an app that lets you watch up to four channels at once on your TV screen.
- Mobile Remote Access app for iPhone, an app that allows you to schedule and manage DVR recordings and easily search U-verse TV program listings from your iPhone.
- Media Share, an app that lets you stream your personal photos and music files located on your home computers to any connected TV in the home.
- TV Awards and New Shows, an app that helps you follow this fall season’s award shows and series premieres.
- Weather On Demand, an app that gives you instant access to check the current weather conditions and detailed forecasts in any U.S. city.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, an app to help you manage your fantasy teams from your U-verse TV screen through the AT&T U-bar. AT&T U-bar allows you to get easy access to personalized sports, weather, stock and traffic information on your TV screen, without interrupting your current program.
- College Basketball from Yahoo! Sports, which gives basketball fans the ability to view tournament brackets, their personalized completed bracket, game summaries and box scores, and more through the AT&T U-bar.
- Film Awards Interactive, which provides biographies, previews and full-length movies for award-nominated films and stars.
- 2009 Masters, which featured an up-to-date leaderboard, player scorecards, stats and bios, news updates, tournament photos, video archives and more from the 2009 Masters Tournament.
- On Demand Top Picks, an app that provides rental recommendations based on their past rentals and lists the top ten titles U-verse TV customers are renting. The app is available to customers in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Hartford, St. Louis, Atlanta, Sacramento, San Antonio and Austin, and AT&T plans to roll out this app to all U-verse TV markets next year.
U-verse TV customers also enjoy several additional TV benefits, including the ability to manage and watch your recorded programs from a single DVR on any U-verse connected TV in the house with Total Home DVR; an extensive High Definition (HD) channel lineup with access to more than 110 HD channels; the ability to program DVR recordings from your Web-connected mobile phone or PC; personalized, on-screen weather, sports, traffic and stock information via AT&T U-bar; the ability to stream your personal photos and music files from your PC to your U-verse TV with Media Share; and more.
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider, making AT&T U-verse one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today. AT&T U-verse TV ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the South and West Regions Two Years in a Row,” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 and 2009 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudiesSM. For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit www.att.com/u-verse.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services.